She's right, of course. I have to start focusing on school and eventually what I want to do in college and where I want to work and what God's plan for my life is.
I took it to heart. I spent a long while soul searching, praying, pretty much begging for God to give me a giant NEON SIGN telling me what to do. And to be honest, he did.
I was struggling a LOT with having to choose between my hobbies and my priorities. I knew school was a priority, but that's not what I mean. I had to pick between my viola and my writing, which one God really wanted for me. After a lot of thinking, praying and frustration (and even tears), I decided that it was writing. I like viola....but that's just it. I LIKE it. It doesn't set my soul on fire like writing does.
Yay a decision!!! :) Our church has been doing some sermons lately on how when you start following God's dream, doors start to open and he shows you the WHAT before the HOW. Yeah I'm seeing that. xD Almost a week after I made my decision, I was contacted by a college that I had researched and gotten super excited about. The college (called Full Sail University) called me and I talked to an admissions councilor.
Now I'm only 16...I'm not even halfway done with high school, let alone ready for college. But I AM thinking ahead, and I'm thinking I really like Full Sail. :) I'm growing up...I'm making decisions, I'm thinking about college, I'm preparing for my future......
I took it to heart. I spent a long while soul searching, praying, pretty much begging for God to give me a giant NEON SIGN telling me what to do. And to be honest, he did.
I was struggling a LOT with having to choose between my hobbies and my priorities. I knew school was a priority, but that's not what I mean. I had to pick between my viola and my writing, which one God really wanted for me. After a lot of thinking, praying and frustration (and even tears), I decided that it was writing. I like viola....but that's just it. I LIKE it. It doesn't set my soul on fire like writing does.
Yay a decision!!! :) Our church has been doing some sermons lately on how when you start following God's dream, doors start to open and he shows you the WHAT before the HOW. Yeah I'm seeing that. xD Almost a week after I made my decision, I was contacted by a college that I had researched and gotten super excited about. The college (called Full Sail University) called me and I talked to an admissions councilor.
Now I'm only 16...I'm not even halfway done with high school, let alone ready for college. But I AM thinking ahead, and I'm thinking I really like Full Sail. :) I'm growing up...I'm making decisions, I'm thinking about college, I'm preparing for my future......
But I'm honestly still a 5 year old trapped in a 16 year old's body. XD I can be mature and take care of kids and do my school work and finish projects, and talk to colleges and etc.etc.etc. But then again........
So why should I?! ;D
I rock out to The Fresh Beat Band....constantly.
(that's one of my favorite songs...my favorite lyric is "we play in harmony, to the key of you and me" :'D)
Guilty of loving this one too. Guys I know the lyrics, the RAP parts and everything. afsdlkjfd I'm pathetic.
And obsessed geez.
This is me and Audy's song. XD It's so accurate. Favorite line: "When I'm all alone, and want to cry, my cheer me up thought is you and I" :'D
I have Disney movie marathons and sing alongs...I almost started CRYING when my mom took me to Disney last week. I skipped around like a little girl as we walked through the parks, and danced to the music.
And I've realized something. You can grow up as much as you want without totally growing up. There's a difference between forgoing all childlike things, movies, shows, music, toys, etc. and being a mature adult. Because I can do both, right?
Well why not?! While doing my highschool work I was singing Fresh Beat Band! XD I'm writing essays while listening to Disney songs!!! A few weeks ago when I was babysitting after I put the kid to bed I danced around their (very large) house while pretending I was my fanfic characters!
So here's the point of this post. :D Take Peter Pan's advice!!!! NEVER GROW UP!!! I don't ever plan on doing so...though I'm maturing. I'm gonna live in Neverland...still a little kid at heart. :D I love toys, I love playing games, I love singing songs to little kid shows, I love watching Disney movies and even dressing up American Girl dolls with my sister! :D
So think of a wonderful thought...any happy little thought. ;) And FLY...fly like a five year old would. :D Because you CAN. Never grow up, never lose the fun five year old spirit. ;D
Love from your youthful Blogger,
Grace xoxo
Grace xoxo

.png)
I agree. haha. Though I've never actually listened to the Fresh Beat Band...I know allllll the lyrics thank to my little sister. I'm never growing up either!
ReplyDeleteThis is the problem with most adults; most have either grown up completely and have forgotten how to have childlike hearts or they are so childlike that there is no responsibility or maturity in them! Good for you for wanting to strike the middle, that's the best place to be! I personally don't think I'll ever outgrow Disney or other childlike loves but I hope I will be growing in maturity in God so that I am a blessing to others. :) Great post, Grace!
ReplyDeleteAlso, happy almost birthday, be sure to be singing "I'm am sixteen going on seventeen" right now! XD
~Jamie
I am so proud of you!And you are right keep your child spirit! Don't ever lose the child in you! Your cousin is not in a hurry to grow up either.Yes as we get older we have responsibilities but that does not mean we still can't have a childhood heart!
ReplyDeletexx
Aunt Anne <3
I so agree. I wish I can never grow up. Listening to the song "never grow up" makes me sad. Adults always forget what it is like to be a child. When I become one, I hope I will always have my childhood side in my heart.
ReplyDeleteUgh. It must be a tough choice- violin and writing. Music and writing both make me sooo happy I won't be able to choose.
I loved this post!!!! So true - I get sad when I think about turning 17 too...it's my last year to be classified as a "kid".... :( But I think I'm far from "growing up," I LOVE Disney so much, I'm star wars OBESESSD, and I get so emotional over fictional things.
ReplyDeleteYes, I take college classes fulltime, but I listen to Taylor Swift, Les Mis, and Wicked, while I take my math tests and I love dancing in the morning, in the afternoon, at night....any time! :)
I awarded you at my blog!!! :) Here's the link! http://throughtwoblueeyes.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/shine-on-award/
ReplyDelete~Jamie