Saturday, May 4, 2013

May the Fourth be with You!

Happy Star Wars day everyone!!!!! :D Today is the 4th of May...ironic Star Wars pun....May the Fourth be with you!!

Today's been a kind of crazy day for me...I woke up really early (OK, not THAT early but for homeschooler-me it was incredibly early and I was not pleased.) and went to take my SAT tests.  They went really well, the Force (and Fourth) was with me!!! :D

After that my family went to go celebrate Free Comic book day today by hitting up all the comic stores nearby and getting some (you guessed it) free comics!!!! I got to see some friends and had a great time! :)

I'm really excited this May the Fourth because I'm feeling pretty excited about some Star Wars related things. I realized a few weeks back how much I REAAAAAAAALLLLLYYYYY love Star Wars. I rewatched A New Hope and realized that WOW. I have dedicated my life to a movie series!! It's a beautiful, crazy, obsessive series and there's nothing that makes me happier. ;)

I've met my friends because of Star Wars.  And it hit me the other day how big of an impact I've made in the lives of others. It made me cry. A lot. In public. Because look at this....


We're in the Star Wars Insider.

About December of last year, sometime after Christmas I believe, my dear friend Lillian Skye emailed me and asked if I wanted to help her submit an article to the Star Wars Insider's Bantah Tracks about The Lakehouse Forum Sisters at Celebration VI.  I immediately said yes, and we got to writing up an article and picking pictures.  We sent it in and got an email back from Mary Franklin saying how much she liked our story and she'd be publishing it soon!!  Soon in the Magazine world ended up being about five months later, but that's okay. We're featured in the May/June issue of the international magazine, Star Wars Insider. This is like a HUGE honor. Our pictures and my name (as well as Amaranthine's) is in the magazine!!!!! I'm amazed and so excited!!! I saw it in the middle of the comic book store and shrieked and started blubbering because MY FRIENDS!!!!! :D The article is lovely, and it honestly made me feel amazing that I helped bring these girls together!!! Ashley Eckstein's Her Universe was the starting point and I helped bridge the friendships together. :) My own included! It's incredible what God can do with a lonely teenager obsessed with a movie series. ;) 

So happy Star Wars day. Happy Movie Series That Made My Life The Way It Is day. Hope it's a great one. ;)




Love,
Grace/Jedi~Chick/Fallon ;)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Star Wars Day, Grace! :) Kayla was excited about The Star Wars Insider this morning, I'm so happy for all the Lakehouse Girls! :D

    Love you lots; an I really appreciate our friendship, girly! :D :D :D

    Hugs, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD yay! I was excited too! Come to think of it, I do remember hearing something about an article a lonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time ago XD. But I totally forgot until this week when it was published. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Star Wars Day and May the Fourth Be With You! :D I agree, it's really cool that we're in the Star Wars Insider! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the Force be with you too! :D Happy Star Wars day!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!