i just went on a retrospect-filled journey with Autumn, going back to the beginning of our blogs and reading (mostly cringing actually) about all 2010-12 brought us. Despite 2012 only being a year ago, we've grown and matured so much (heh, mostly) that it's very weird looking back. Especially way back to like early 2011 late 2010...(the dark ages. we don't speak of it)
anyway, how is everyone? good? still blogging? no?
I've fallen off the blogging bandwagon. within good reason, though. I am currently home only one day a week, doing school in the mornings and spending my afternoons at the dance studio, where I teach 6 classes, take 4 of my own, and serve as our company captain. I go to orchestra on Monday nights where I am in a quartet (it's a really hilarious quartet, we are insane but sound pretty good so that's okay)
i don't have much else going for me right now. I don't have a phone, computer or reliable iPod even, so everything is kinda difficult. I've discovered the glory of Google Docs for writing, so I've been able to write some the past couple of weeks. I've gotten caught up on school, which keeps growing. Our puppies are obnoxious balls of fur and have taken over our house (along with the ticks they bring in from outside. ew.) and my weekends are filled with Embie sleepovers, dance practice, errands and chores and now starting to get ready for the holidays (isn't that crazy???)
what else?
Fandom is falling down the drain too, I am like 4 episodes behind on Legend of Korra, due to it coming out while I am in dance and I have gotten behind in going back to watch it.
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the best show on TV and I love it so much it's literally the only thing getting me through the week these days (no computer, no phone, no sanity....i need SOMETHING to cling to)
on the brighter side, I have gone to several small conventions lately with my family. We went to PalmCon, which my mom did a blog post about, and then Ultracon both of which were super fun and a great time.
Oh yeah it was my birthday, I'm 17 now and I feel old. i had a great birthday, my theme was Sofia the First and Fairies because even if I feel old I don't have to ACT old haha
It was a lot of fun though and I got a Captain America hoodie from Embie that made my LIFE it is so comfy and has the hood with the eye holes and everything she is the best.
I really have nothing other than dance to talk about, so I'll just go ahead and talk about it.
I teach 6 classes, ages varying from 3 to 7. I also am captain of our dance company, so I help with the "Munchkins" (3rd-4th graders) and the "Bows" (5th and 6th graders) and the "Tens" (my group, 7th grade and up). Those are our self proclaimed names, adorable right?
We have holiday productions already in progress, as well as separate dances. I'll share.
that's my group's holiday number. we start at :47 and go until about 1:30, and then it switches to the next dance
this is Glory's group's holiday number. it follows ours.
And then
that's the little kids' holiday number. So cute.
Our separate dances consist of:
this is my group's alone-dance. it's fast and high energy and I am out of breath by the time we're done.
THIS IS GLORY'S GROUP'S DANCE IT'S MY FAVORITE DANCE EVER I LIKE IT WAY BETTER THAN MINE IT'S SO CUTE AND FUN AHAHHHH.
And then my munchkin babies do Footloose and it's the cutest thing ever
yep that's it that's all I've got we're busy choreographing and practicing running these dances over and over and over
We also have a Beyonce medley that consists of "End of Time" "Crazy In Love" "Who Run The World" and "Single Ladies" and it's the best ever
I think I forgot how to blog
I just saw the clock and decided I better get off now. Enjoy the songs. Is anyone still alive out there in that blogger world?
Live Long and Prosper,
Grace xoxo
A BLOG POST FROM GRACIE! *happy dance*
ReplyDeleteWhile I miss your blogging it makes me happy that you have a fully life and are teaching dance classes! I need to fill my life with more things (and fully intend to; I started a daily exercise today and hope to start running through my neighborhood in the mornings.)
I wish I could see your dance routines, they sound so fun! :)
~Jamie
Awesome! I'm still alive in the blogging world:) we've missed you here! I know sometimes I read super old blog post and its just horrifying. I want to bury those posts so deep no one will ever find them ever again. lol.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with dance!
I'm still alive :P I find it very impressive that you are teaching and taking that many dance lessons. If you can get someone to tape the performances, I would love to see them!
ReplyDeleteGRACIE!!!! WE'VE MISSED YOU!
ReplyDeleteWow, you have a crazy schedule! I'm glad you're enjoying dance; those songs are great!
Haha, yeah, old posts are so strange to look back at.