This is probably going to turn into a longer post than I thought. I just thought of more to add to it!!!!!
Star Wars! It is my passion, obsession and love in life. Most of you know my Star Wars Story, of how I became such a /super/ fan. It's actually a pretty long story, but for you're guys' sake, I'll make it short.
My sister was OBSESSED with The Clone Wars, and for the longest time I HATED anything Star Wars. (I know, hard to believe right?!?) So anyway, I HATED Star Wars. I hated TCW, and I didn't even really KNOW about the originals. Then I saw A New Hope. For $1.50, I bought the Original Trilogy as a nice gesture toward my sister. The VHS version we bought was pretty good. I watched ANH, then ESB and halfway through ESB I WAS HOOKED!!!!! I was falling in love with Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, I wished I was Princess Leia, I loved R2, and C3PO annoyed the life out of me! Soon after we watched ROTJ, and I was as big of a Star Wars fan as possible!!! I was converted, so to speak. My parents and sister had a hard time getting that I now went from utterly dispising Star Wars to becoming a huge crazy fangirl practically overnight. I wanted to go with my dad and sister when they went to Star Wars Weekends at Disney, which I wasn't originally going to do, and I also made my own lightsaber in Disney World. Since then, I have seen each movie at least three times, been to Celebration V, read at least 50 SW books, and am now a blogger and a forumer on Star Wars sites. Pretty cool, huh? :D
So, on to the rest of my post.
Star Wars is a HUGE Universe. (We all know that!!) No, it's a huge FAN Universe. I didn't realize how many people, of ALL ages, LOVE Star Wars so much. I have met several people and made a few friends because of my love of Star Wars. Especially when I pronounce that love with a T-Shirt or a movie quote. ;) I think I'll give some of the experiences that I've had with Star Wars fans.
The Grocery Store. I've met SEVERAL fans at the grocery store. I often wear my /favorite/ T-Shirt with R2-D2 on it to the grocery store. Once a guy saw it and showed me his Mandalorian Symbol Tattoo, and another time a girl at the checkout counter got all excited and was telling me how much she loved Star Wars. Star Wars makes people happy. When it's something they like so much, they will call you out on it when you share the love. ;)
The Pet Store. Another time, a man saw my R2 shirt, (same day as checkout counter girl,) and he said to me, "R2-D2, that's pretty awesome. May the Force be with you!!" I was BEAMING. I was so excited to see how many people there are in the world who LOVE Star Wars as much as I do!
My Homeschool P.E. group. Two different coaches I know like Star Wars and for that I have become their friends. One of the coaches talked with me and my best friend for a long time about Star Wars, and debating light vs. dark. (I was on the light side, and I won! LOL!) We also discussed books, and one time I wore my hair like Bespin Leia, (Oooh, that's a good idea for a post! Next time I do that I'll have to take pictures!!!) anyway, he saw my Bespin Leia hair and said to me, "Cool! Leia Hair, nice!" I was all excited. Then my other friend called me a geek....but I'm embracing my geekiness more now. I said Thank You!! LOL!
Another time at P.E. my best friend and I (some of you might know her as Maryanna from The Lakehouse Forum) we were playing with this Star Wars Trivia book with a built in electronic answer counter thing. This other coach came over and asked me how well I knew Star Wars. I told him pretty well and he tested me. He flipped to a random page and asked me the question. I got it right. We did about five questions until there was a really weird one that none of us knew the answer to. Then we had to stop because the group was getting ready to pray. It was fun, and I was pretty smart to know the answer.
Also at P.E. there are a lot of little boys who are impressed (and bewildered) when they see me and my friend talk about Star Wars. "You like Star Wars?!?" is a common question I get....mainly because I'm a girl. The head P.E. coach uses a megaphone, and sometimes he'll say "SHHHHHHH" into it, but it comes out like Darth Vader's breathing, so he of course says, "Luke, I am your father." Or sometimes he'll say "Grandfather" instead of father, just to get the littler kids to giggle. Funny thing is, I laugh right along. Then my friend and I were laughing hard because we were cracking up along with these little kids over Star Wars. But I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! LOL!
At Orchestra. I have met A LOT of kids who like Star Wars at my Orchestra. The first thing my now friend/stand partner/only violist said to me was "You like Star Wars?!?" after seeing my HU Padme Nouveau shirt. We are now great friends. I used an R2 and Threepio folder in the beginning of the year, and a boy came up to me and asked me if I really like Star Wars or I just picked out my folder at random or something. I assured him that I didn't like Star Wars, I LOVE STAR WARS!!!! We went on to talk about TCW, our favorite movies and Celebration V. He too is now my friend. I also now have a new folder....Luke and his Dad battling it out on Bespin. It's really cool! LOL!
Also, for the past two weeks, (for some reason I ALWAYS end up wearing a Star Wars shirt,) a girl from a different class saw my shirt and told me how awesome it was. Last night was my purple SW Logo Tee, the week before was my R2 shirt mentioned above. She seemed SO excited by my T-Shirts and asked me where I got them. I'm going to have to talk to her more next week. Maybe give her The Lakehouse's address!!! Or HU....if she wants clothes! :D
So as you can see, Star Wars is truly universal. My Parents are both fans, people from their generation are fans, and I have met some of them. (Pet store, grocery store) People who are more my generation, (P.E. Orchestra) I have met and befriended. Star Wars is a great bonding tool, sort of, and you will find that once you have Star Wars in common with them, you become friends. :D
My next Star Wars post will be on why I love it so much. Now THAT will be a long post!! ;)
God Bless and May the Force be with you!
Jedi~Chick <3
Wow, sounds like you have more stories than I do!
ReplyDeleteWhen I bought my CW lunchbox at Kroger, the guy doing the checkout (about college age) tried to buy the lunchbox from me. It was awesome. I was like, "No way are you buying my lunchbox!"
Then, of course, I'm my pastor's Padawan. He's my Master. :D
Do you know what is really weird... is I started reading your blog and Amarathine's blog... and Leia's blog... you know all the SW stuff and normally I HATE SW... now I like it a lot.
ReplyDeleteWeird...
Star wars has inspired one of the greatest fan followings. I'm so glad to be a part of it! There is something for everybody...even zombies...XP..eww.
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
Wow! You must live in a SW infested area! I have come across a grand total of maybe 0 SW fans in stores & such.
ReplyDeleteBut I know they're out there somewhere because when my dad went to Star Wars in Concert, it was packed! (He sent us pictures!)
-Leia <3 (I got the lazy bug.)
Endor, LOL! That sounds so funny! You're so lucky you've got a SW loving Pastor, that is really awesome! My master is my mom....she's a fangirl too. Even if she won't admit it sometimes!!! LOL! ;)
ReplyDeleteMadeline/Madhatter, see, our Star Wars Obsession is rubbing off on you!!! :D Enjoy the universe youngling! :D
Amaranthine, LOL, Zombies?!? ;) I'm glad to be apart of the SW Universe too!!!
Leia, OH NO! You caught the lazy bug!!!!! And yes, I suppose I DO live in a SW Infested area. I didn't realize it before but I guess I do!!! That is such a large number....0.....but it holds possibilities for fan meeting!!! ;) Lucky, your dad got to go to SW in Concert. I hope they do another tour, because I REALLY want to see it!!! :D
Jedi~Chick <3
My church is full of SW fans!! But they're all guys. xD
ReplyDeletePart of one of our sunday school lessons was to come up with a religion (don't ask, its hard to explain) and they came up with one totally based on Star Wars. xDD It was SO AWESOME.
Anyway, yea Star Wars is not just an obsession it's become part of my life. (Ditto for Harry Potter.) xD
thanks Jedi- Chick
ReplyDeleteSure Madeline! If you ever want to know anything about the Star Wars universe, just ask me or any of the other girls, like Leia, Amaranthine, Savannah or Endor. We all know alot about it! :D
ReplyDeleteJedi~Chick <3
Wow, lots of Star Wars fans in your area! There aren't many where I live (small town, not many nerds), but whenever I go to one of the bigger cities to go shopping, I've had a few people see me wearing a Star Wars shirt and comment (a lady at Aeropostale, a guy at Sams, etc.) But Star Wars fans are so nice, and awesome! Probably because Star Wars is awesome! Sorry, my comment was extremely random. I feel random today!
ReplyDelete-DutchessSatineKenobi