Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Interview with Timothy Zahn!!!!!!

I promised some good posts didn't I?   Well, here we go!!!!!  My very good friend Cad Bane's Chick from Pandas, Lightsabers and Cameras, oh my!! (GO FOLLOW HER!) helped to hook me up with an interview with the amazing Timothy Zahn!!!!!!!  :D  I am SO excited about this.....you all know that Timothy Zahn is my FAVORITE author, and when CBC found out about his Facebook page, she offered to help me interview him (me and my non-facebook-ness...*sigh*)  :)

So, thanks a billion CBC, and let's get on with the interview!!!!!!  My questions are in Blue, and his answers are in Red.  :)




1.  How did you come up with the character of Mara Jade?  What was your inspiration for her?

 Details on that are in the Heir 20th annotations. I'll let your friend do her own research on this one.





2.  What is your favorite book that you have written for the Star Wars Universe?

I see the books as a coherent whole, their own mini-saga in the midst of the main Star Wars epic, so it's really hard to pick out a single chapter of that saga. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with Outbound Flight, with Choices of One and Survivor's Quest as close seconds.



3.  Was it your decision to have Luke and Mara fall in love?  Why did you decide to pair them together?  (I personally LOVE them together, and they are my favorite couple in the Star Wars universe!!!!)

Yes, it was my idea. If Del Rey decides to do special editions of DFR and TLC, I'll be discussing that in more detail in those annotations.



4.  Who is your favorite Star Wars character?  Who is the favorite character you've written?  

Original trilogy: Han. Prequels: Obi-Wan. My own: toss-up between Thrawn and Mara.


5.  Are you happy with the death of Mara Jade-Skywalker?  Do you think her fate should have played out differently? 


I disagree philosophically with the idea of killing off *any* major Star Wars characters. But LFL owns everything with the Star Wars name on it (as is only right and proper), and they get to make decisions like that. If they're okay with the various deaths that have occurred throughout the EU, then that's all that matters.






Wow.  That seriously made like....my LIFE.  :D  <3  Mr. Zahn, if you read this, thank you SO MUCH and I love your books.  Mara Jade Skywalker is my favorite Star Wars Character EVER.  <3
And, I'll hopefully be getting the Heir to the Empire 20th Anniversary edition book soon!!

While on the topic of Timothy Zahn....I'm currently reading Visions of the Future, and it is just FANTASTIC. :D


I love Luke and Mara Jade's relationship.  It's just so perfect.  ;)  And her sense of humor is just hysterical.  I love it!!!!  SUCH A GOOD BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ends today's post....but tomorrow hopefully I should have another post up, with another interview!  *wink wink*  ;)  Hehe...you'll be surprised.  :D

Thank you all for the birthday wishes by the way!!!!!  :)









4 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad I could help you out, that's what friends are for. *hugs*


    I'm almost done with Heir to the Empire (3 chapters left). It's SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo great that you could get that interview!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. I wish they didn't kill off Mara Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way, I'M reading Choices of One! Your friend can't get an interview with Ashley Eckstein, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!