Okay y'all, here's a new post for ya!!!! This is actually written by my mom, as her 'alter ego' Princess Leia. ;) No joke, she SERIOUSLY THINKS that she is Princess Leia. Er...she KNOWS she's Princess Leia. She's short, loud and bossy...what more proof do you need? (Just kidding Momma, I love you. ;) ) So enjoy, and share your thoughts!!!
P.S. PLEASE read and comment on my Interview with Timothy Zahn!!!!! ;)
Here are some thoughts as to my purpose and guiding principles for home-educating my children. As told from my alter ego – Princess Leia Organa Solo.
You know I am a deep thinker, and for some reason I have the ability to see behind the curtain as to what is truly happening in our world once all the layers have been peeled away. It is the fundamental battle of good verses evil. It is the battle for the control of our very souls. Our Creator is good and all good comes from the Creator. Evil will continue to try to control all that is good, using all means necessary. Manipulation, control, greed, jealously, and contempt are tools of evil. Knowing we are not perfect but are loved because our Creator is love is the fundamental essence of our lives. We are to live in and manifest love because he first loved us. That is the bottom line key to the universe.
Now the reality is that living in this universe there is evil always trying to take us captive, destroy our lives, worlds, and our very existence. What do we do? What can we do? How do you fight an enemy that seems to have so many willing supporters (I like to call them useful idiots), lies that seem to be truth, a media that does not question, and political leadership that can’t see past their pettiness and a shadow government that is controlling the outcomes from behind the curtains.
I can’t believe, after fighting for freedom against tyranny once, we are right back where we were all those years ago. How quickly people forget. The New Republic (our modern lifestyles and modern education system) has quite frankly made individuals complacent and ignorant. Personal political powers have caused corruption and distrust of the government. We have forgotten our original argument for the Rebel Alliance (freedom from tyranny) and the Republic (representative democracy). We must get back to our core values of Liberty and Freedom and Individualism and Equal Justice. We must learn our history and we must learn to connect the dots.
I personally believe my talents and time are wasted in an “administrative role” (anything other than homeschooling). Getting bogged down in bureaucracy and status quo makes one’s senses dull and blind. As a senator, I was able to represent my homeworld with a clear set of values, traditions, liberty and equal justice. As Chief of State I was simply an over-glorified babysitter. A role I cannot and will not do anymore. I will go back to focusing on fighting for the Creator’s truth, freedom and justice. Starting with my home and the future, my children. They will know that we are in a battle for our souls. They need to be nurtured, protected and armed with truth. However, most importantly they need to know how to think and how to make connections. They need to learn how to see with their ears and hear with their eyes. They must know history in order to see the future. They must be connected with their soul and our Creator. They must see beyond their personal desires to that of our Creator.
We need take our education back to the classical times, where thoughts are debated and discussed and individuals can make their own connections based on truth and not on political agendas. They must learn the basics of arithmetic, writing and reading in order to put the Creator’s plan into practical action in their lives. Educating at home seems meaningless or impractical or even crazy on the surface, but it is mandatory for the survival of our future, at least for our family.
And let me just make this comment about the Jedi of the Old Republic. While I respect them, I do not agree with all of their teachings, such as no attachments, and that anger leads to the darkside, etc. Just because you lose your temper or get frustrated every once in awhile, it does not mean you are going to become a Sith lord. If that were the case, I would have force choked just about everybody I know. Sith are pure evil, when the soul is lost and the evil rots your core.
I realize that this is an extremely long thought, but one that has been on my heart. If I can reach out to my children and relate to them and teach them through a galaxy far, far away then I will. I will meet my children where they are and find a way to connect with their souls. It is my duty, responsibility and life calling. So my dear children, math is important and we need to learn all that we can with the time we are given. There is a greater purpose than just “doing school”. We are learning to “live life with purpose”, His purpose.
Thank you for reading and May the Force Be with Us.
Love,
Your Mom
a.k.a. Leia Organa-Solo
Great post Mrs. Solo! :D
ReplyDeletelovely post, your highness. i hope your daughter the young princess gets to have more posts done by you. :)
ReplyDeleteOoooohhhh!! Great post!
ReplyDeleteI love the "math is important" part. You sound so much like my mom. LOL!
Have a great day JC and Leia!
Thank you younglings, listen to your mothers, they are wise.......
ReplyDeleteBossy?????
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha!! Just like "Mother Knows Best" in Tangled. XD
ReplyDeleteOhhhh....Fallon's mom/JC's mom/Mrs. Solo....what do I call you?
ReplyDeleteI LOVED this post! It made me laugh and it made me want to talk to the authors of the EU books to tell them to get their act together and let Leia come home to her children and be a *mom*. Because I don't think Leia would get so distracted by politics she would forget her children.
Excellent post!