For a Fangirl Blast?!? ;)
What's a Fangirl Blast you ask? (hehe, rhymes....) Well, a Fangirl Blast is a Blogger "game" I suppose you could say. ;) Once a week I'll pick a character from a favorite movie of mine. It might be a Disney movie, or a Star Wars movie, or a different movie all together. I'll review the movie, and then I'll do a mini character-break-down!!! I'll post what I love and what I hate about the character....what pairings I ship....details and other things that I love/like/hate.....and then tons of pictures! :)
These will come out every Wednesday probably...and will be a new trend on my blog! :) You are all free to submit characters. This will be mirroring (but not copying, don't worry) Savanna's Character Discussions from Pandas, Lightsabers and Cameras, oh my!!. She's brilliant, you should check out (and follow) her blog!!!!!!! :)
Now...for this post...I'll start out with..........................Mara Jade-Skywalker.
Shocker. XD Seriously, I LOVE Mara!!!!!!! So....we'll enjoy some Mara stuff now. ;)
Character: Mara Jade-Skywalker
Fandom: Star Wars Expanded Universe
Facts: Mara Jade-Skywalker is one of the EU (Expanded Universe)'s main characters. She becomes one of our heroes....Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Leia Organa by the end of the Thrawn Trilogy. Mara has seen pretty much all walks of life. Raised to do Emperor Palpatine's dirty work as the "Emperor's Hand", and then left on her own to make a name for herself, Mara Jade becomes an employee of Talon Kardde, and eventually gets into trouble with our original trilogy gang. After ten years of friendship, (which is good, considering at first Mara simply wanted him dead) Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade got married. (8DDD <333). She joined the New Jedi Order officially, and became the Jedi Master of Jaina Solo later on. Mara Jade-Skywalker had an unfortunate (ahem....stupid, needless...why was it written?!??) end to her life by a certain Darth Cadeus. She still lives on in the memories of her family (AND ME).
What I like about her: I like just about everything about Mara!!!!! She's so EPIC! She's kick-butt as a Jedi, Smuggler, and the Emperor's Hand. Her character is really complex, and minus the "I wanna kill everyone" thing, she's a lot like me. I love Mara....I have ever since I read the Thrawn trilogy.
What I don't like about her: SHE DIES. I hate that she dies. XD I also hate that it takes her and Luke ten flipping years to get their act together! ;P
Something I wish did/didn't happen: I wish that they (they meaning the profic authors) had included Mara in more stories....given her and Luke more time together, and eventually her and Ben (and Luke) more time together. I kinda hate that they are ALWAYS fighting for their lives. JUST GIVE THEM A BREAK, OKAY??? xD
Pairings/Shippings: LUKE/MARA LUKE/MARA LUKE/MARA LUKE/MARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
Favorite Quote: "As long as I'm fighting, I'm not dying." "Trust me, my capacity for mayhem is undiminished." "Wait, I'll come with you" (that one's just iconic for me. XD)
Fanfics: Mara Fanfics? Oh I don't know.......*sarcasm sarcasm*
Fireworks of the Soul: VERY LUKE MARA HEAVY. It's a bunch of one-shots dedicated to them. ;)
First Kiss: OH MY FORCE. Bestie, JediKnightGrl wrote this one, and IT MADE ME SQUEAL LIKE A LITTLE GIRL. ;) SO SWEET and SO EPIC! :D
Mara Jade-Skywalker's Deadbook Page: Funniest thing EVER. XD Written as if Mara had a "Deadbook" (instead of Facebook) where she writes from the 'beyond'. XDD
Jewels: Oneshot by my very very good friend Endor. ;) This story is SUPER SWEET!!!!! :D
Shattered Remembrance: OH MY GOSH. EPIC!!!! Sad, sweet, sad, sweet!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!! Luke and Mara. ;)
I, Mara Jade: Probably one of my all-time favorite fics. ;) It's just.....AMAZING. Seriously, I love this story to pieces. I've read it a billion times. Go check out this author's stories...they all feature Mara and are all AMAZING! :D
Okay....enough ranting about my FAVORITE CHARACTER EVERRR!!!!!!!! :D
Thanks for reading everyone!!! I'll be trying to post these every week, starting tonight! :D Feel free to submit characters, they don't have to be just from Star Wars too! :D






Oooooh, I love this idea!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKayla and I love Savanna's character discussions: we plan to interview each other about SW characters sometime! Lol Nothing quite as epic, though. XD
~Jamie
Yay! This was epicsauce! Could you do Ahsoka Tano next week?
ReplyDeleteSqquuueeee!!!!! AWESOME!! Mara Jade is pretty cool but not one of my favorite characters. I'm going to be honest Fallon but, don't hurt me...accept my opinion.
ReplyDeleteI think that I'm not a huge Mara fan because, well...she falls in love with Luke. And since I'm not a Luke fan, these things just don't add up. I actually liked her in HttE when she wanted to kill Luke! LOL! OK, my ranting is over. Mara is awesome but, I prefer Leia. :-)
Great post my friend! I love your adaptation to my Character Discussions. Very well done and I look forward to the next one! *ahem* Cad Bane possibly *ahem*
so awesome w/mara jade. love the idea. can't wait to read more. :)
ReplyDeleteI love this post idea!!!!!!!!! You should do...........PotC characters!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I had forgotten I had Mara in Jewels.....but then realized she's one of the main characters. *facepalm* I'm too focused on my new story. xD
GREAT post, and I can't wait for the rest of them!!!
<3
dumb question is mara her first name and jade her last name? or is it just marajade? did she ever have a last name before skywalker? :)
ReplyDeleteMARA JADE!!! She's totally awesome! <3
ReplyDeleteBut I hate that she dies too! :'(
Cool idea! I might do something like this on my blog...I'm always looking for things to post about.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what other characters you talk about!
Can I steal your idea? Just kidding, I'll say I got the idea from you. :P
ReplyDelete