(Sorry for my lack of posts....that will change soon! I promise!! I've got a lot to post about!)
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there in the blogosphere!!!!! Especially my mom, my auntie, and the other mom-bloggers I follow!!! :D
My mom is everything to me. I realized in a big way this week how hard she works for me and my education, and it hit me hard. As in, I was practically crying to her to do school with me because I was so confused and lost. She does it all!!! My mom cleans, teaches, takes us places, prepares school, cares for us, and everything else imaginable (except cook). :)
I wrote a poem for my mom for mother's day, because I A. I am broke, and B. I honestly think God laid it on my heart to write for her. It's a sort of school 'final'. It sums up all the major things we learned about in school this year, and what I got out of it.
Enjoy. ;)
THE JOURNEY
Sailing across the Seven Seas,
Off we go, wanderers three.
Sailing, sailing, back in time,
Until we reach the light’s first shine.
The beginning begun, the tale’s not done;
God created the Heavens and the Earth,
And then followed plants, creatures and human’s birth.
To sin, the human race they fell,
From a bite into an apple to Cain and Abel.
And then comes Noah, free of sin,
Building the ark and helping the animals in.
A world anew, it began again,
But a sinful history repeats as it had been.
Meanwhile Egypt and Mesopotamia bloom,
Poetry, polytheism and artistry boom.
Gilgamesh and other tales arise,
And the first great epics mounted the skies.
In the Indus Valley, Buddism is taught,
They had dozens of gods and rarely fought.
Ancient China, Americas and then Israel,
All had their problems, all was not well;
China had dynasties, Confucius and more,
While the Americas were constantly at war.
Israel, though seemingly alone,
Had too many kings to call their own.
The Judges brought more times of trial,
More names of bad kings to add to the pile.
Solomon and David were two of the best,
Though each had their downfalls and in the end lost their zest.
The Temple destroyed and Covenant misplaced,
The Israelites allowed others to invade their space.
Into Exile, the Israelites were sent,
After hundreds of years of time misspent.
Finally, through Ezra, they reached their homes,
Nearly eighty years, the people did roam.
Now out of place in their hometown,
The Israelites realize they let God down.
The ocean is vast and looking across you will see,
While all that was happening, so was Ancient Greece!
The Iliad, the Odyssey, and myths galore,
The Greeks taught us about math, science, writing and more.
The Mycenaeans and Minoans; important players in this game,
As well as the Trojans and their fall into fame.
Persia and their fighting bring us to our final stop,
We’re staying in Athens, where the fighting is top.
Neighboring Sparta is a violent, brutal place,
War is all their bred for, there is no saving grace.
Our lessons, they continue,
A never ending way,
To not only see the world,
But let it into your heart to stay.
There's her poem, and here's to all the moms!! *raises imaginary glass* Have a fantastic weekend and week, and God bless!!!
(real posts coming soon!)

How is that not a "real" post? Thank you for the poem, it's nice to know that you do actually pay attention. I love you.
ReplyDeletelove
Mom
Beautiful poem
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Anne <3
Yay! Happy Mother's Day Fally! <33333
ReplyDeleteI guess I am a little late for mother's day. :/
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments on my blog. :D Also have you seen The Avengers? It was awesome!
-James