Monday, June 25, 2012

Friendship Is A Blessing

So ends the best weekend of my life.....
Savanna, mentioned to come over to my house in the previous post, did just that.  She came, we partied and had the best weekend ever, and now I'm sitting here pretty darn depressed.  We spent four whole days together.  It seems the longer I spend with my friends from the internet world, the harder it is to say goodbye.  I decided that I absolutely HATE goodbyes.  I also discovered that when you're genuinely sad and trying really hard not to cry, you automatically frown.  Like, a lot.  I didn't really realize that until yesterday, when my face hurt from frowning.  I frowned a lot apparently.  :/

So I hate goodbyes.  They hurt.  Every time I say goodbye to an internet friend who I see in "real life", it's very painful.  When I said goodbye to Savanna the first time I saw her IRL, I cried the entire car ride back to our hotel.
When I said goodbye to Tara after seeing her for the first time, I sobbed the whole way home.
After spending the day with Autumn and Savanna in Disney World, I cried myself to sleep.
I thought maybe I was getting better at this post-seeing-internet friends-irl thing.  But nope.  Not really.
I spent four days with Savanna.  She slept in my room, she watched movies on my TV, we skyped our friend Chris from my computer, TOGETHER.  We fangirled over our fictional boyfriends together, we hugged a bunch, we went out for ice cream, we went to the beach, we got stuck in the rain, went to the movies....we did so much, it's literally hurting me to type this.  You can read her not emotionally angsty blog post about our weekend HERE.

But instead of listening to me whine about how pathetically lonely I am now that she's gone, I'm going to write about how blessed I am to have such amazing friends.  :3  (aren't I sweet?)


me and vanna this weekend <3
Before I found the internet, I was pretty lonely.  I had a few friends from various activities, but other than my cousin Embie (who still remains the closest person ever to me) I didn't really have any one good friend.  I can remember praying and wishing that God would send me a best friend, or a few friends even, people who I could be excited with, talk to all the time, love on, and would love me the same way.  (I won't go into the drama my IRL friendships caused me previous to homeschooling and more recently)  God answered those prayers with my internet friends.  So many of you (you know who you are) are blessings to me every day.  I have my friends on The Lakehouse who I can always count on to pray for me and check up on me, who care about me and share my interests.  I have my twitter and facebook friends, who I connect with on blogs and tumblr and other places.  Instagram friends, who I also deeply care for, and somewhat stalk thanks to the wonders of the picture sharing site....  And I have a few friends who know me better than I know myself.  You guys are so special to me....you take me as I am and I don't have to pretend to be anyone around you.  You don't think I'm insane for my obsessions...in fact you share them with me!!  You write with me, or enjoy my writing, encourage me in all I do, support me and make me feel loved.  I don't know WHAT I'd do without you.  <3

The coolest and my favorite part of the weekend I spent with Savanna was when we watched Captain America.  Most of you know my obsession and deep love for Steve Rogers/Captain America.  I have seen the movie well over 40 times.  Probably closer to 50 times!  I can recite the entire thing, word for word.  When I do, however, my family will often yell at me to shut up, or tell me that I'm being annoying and they want to hear the TV, not me.  The moment I knew that Savanna was a true and best friend was when she looked at me as I started mouthing the lines to the movie and was genuinely surprised and impressed that i knew the words.  I apologized for being annoying while she was trying to watch the movie, but she said "OH NO!! That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!!  Go for it!! I want to see this!"
I was freaking out.  I can only think of one other person who wouldn't care if I said the lines out loud (*coughTaracough*) because she'd probably say most of them herself.  XD
Savanna liked that.  I said the entire movie out loud, word for word, even the foreign languages.  XD  She STILL thought I was cool.

I watched the Legend of Korra season finale on Saturday morning (don't even get me started....ajajdsaja;js) and sobbed my eyes out in a fit of total fangirl hysteria on the floor, upset, screaming, and crying like an idiot (not kidding at all), and Savanna STILL thought I was cool.  Slightly more frightening, but still cool.

We saw Avengers together and I could quote the majority of that movie, and she STILL liked it.
We watched Empire Strikes Back and I ranted about tons of EU things and little facts that I know about the movie and the backstory of the movie and SHE WAS IMPRESSED!!! SHE THOUGHT IT WAS AWESOME I KNEW EVERY MEMBER OF ROGUE SQUADRON BY NAME AND KNEW ABOUT THE DROIDS ON ECHO BASE AND COULD NAME THE EVENTS THAT TAKE PLACE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE MOVIE IN THE EU.

we were caught in the rain and got TOTALLY soaked XD

As you can tell, this left an impression on me.  It showed me that I can be myself 100% around Savanna, and she'd STILL like me. XD I didn't have to be super sweet, or tolerant or hide what I truly like to avoid being awkward....I was true to myself and I had a blast.

I know at least (least) two other people who I can be that way around.  Not including Embie (she's a given XD We've been together since she was 1 and I was 2....I think if I'm not myself around her we have a problem XD)  I am so happy that I have these people in my life.  Thank you so much for all you do for me friends!!! I love you all. <3

This has been a ranty "feelin' the love" post intended to make Savanna cry (did I do it?!?!) xD Love you guys, I hope you realize how much I appreciate every single one of you.  Without the friends I've found these past two years, I guarantee I'd be a very different person today.  So thanks.  :)

Hugs and Kisses!!
Fallon <3

12 comments:

  1. I'm very proud that you chose to "count your blessings," rather than focus on what you are missing. True friendships, like what you described are gifts from God, he gets all the praise. Kudos for looking at how wonderful our God is (and how awesome your parents are). It is a wonderful life and you are just beginning...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a fun time <3 !
    (((((Hugs))))
    Aunt Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you just ripped my heart out and smacked it against the wall. ;D CRYIN LIKE A BABY. I love you to death. And I'm glad that you can be yourself around me...because I feel the same way. I can squeal over Wolffanna 24/7 and you still love me. ;D Friendships like ours don't come to all people. We've definitely got something special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an amazing post! Thank you so much for doing this! :D Btw, I love your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all are the sweetest thing!!! ^-^ AAAH LOOKS LIKE AN EPIC WEEKEND!!! 8D "SHE THOUGHT IT WAS AWESOME I KNEW EVERY MEMBER OF ROGUE SQUADRON BY NAME AND KNEW ABOUT THE DROIDS ON ECHO BASE AND COULD NAME THE EVENTS THAT TAKE PLACE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE MOVIE IN THE EU." When we watch ESB together, I am going to have the most ridiculous fangirl spaz ever. XD "Slightly more frightening, but still cool." We can be frightening Korra fangirls together. XDDD I couldn't watch the finale today, but I DEFINATELY will tomorrow!!!!!
    It looks like y'all's weekend was PERFECTION!!!!! Goodness, I can just imagine what it was like afterward. T.T

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!! :D Glad you had a good time, it sounds like you and Savanna had a lot of fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hearing about your relationship with Savanna!! It's soooo beautiful and precious! Soul sisters are straight from heaven!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. *tears of joy* That was a beautiful post, Fallie. C': I'm so happy that you have close friends with whom you can be yourself. {me included of course. C;} I squeed everytime you made reference to me and other friends. *coughAutumncough* You and Vanna make the perfect fangirling duo.

    Though, you're coming to my house some day and we can squee in the woods to our heart's content and no one can yell at us! xD

    I love you! *sobbing tackle hug*

    Tara <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fallon, you rock. :)
    -Peri

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so lucky to have such awesome friends. I'm glad you and Savanna had such a great weekend together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could "like" a post on blogspot!!! You girls are the best! =)

    <3 Lillian Skye-girl

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!