*raises hand*
Me.
So Doctor Who took over our lives. Ashley Tahg (The One To Blame) is completely to blame. For this fandom as well as the Sherlock fandom too.
Ashley Tahg my family has it out for you (in a good way...I think)
So Ashley told me via Instagram that my mother looks like the character River Song from Doctor Who.
........
Well yeah. She does. A lot. See?
Mom
River
Creepy huh?
Well Mom took her new look-alike persona to a new high and has BECOME River Song. We watched Silence in the Library (where, ironically, River dies after just being introduced....) and after that my mother and my father both took the show and ran with it. XD They watched all of Seasons 5 and 6. I watched them too. Then we went back and watched a few other episodes here and there. Embie, Glory and I are all Whovians. So are both of my parents.
My mom cosplays as River Song almost daily. We all talk with British accents.
We all cried when The Angels Take Manhattan premiered..... XD
I've fallen in love with Amy and Rory Pond, and Matt Smith/Eleven. ;D Like a lot. I was miserable for WEEKS after The Ponds left. I still adore them so much. My favorite companions ever. I need a Rory Williams. I will wait 2000 years for my Rory. ;)
Anyway, the obsession flourishes. My mother cosplays now. Cosplaying is cool.
I own Doctor Who merch. Matt Smith is on my bedroom wall as a poster. We talk in Doctor Who quotes daily. I'm the proud owner of a Her Universe TARDIS dress. My mother lives by a River Song philosophy. XD Quite literally.
I asked her for advice the other day and her response was "Channel your inner River Song."
*headdesk*
I encourage everyone to watch Doctor Who. It's amazing and brilliant and I love it. I'm definitely a Whovian. I'll answer the typical Whovian questions for y'all too.
Favorite Doctor?
Eleven. ;D
Favorite Companion?
Amy Pond and Rory Williams (both of them)
![]() |
| I'm going to cosplay this soon! :D |
![]() |
| asdflkjafsdkl;dsfa |
Favorite Series?
Six.
![]() |
| essentially yes XD |
Favorite Episode?
When A Good Man Goes To War or The Big Bang. ;D You can only imagine why......*whistles and walks away nonchalantly*
Favorite quote?
"Hello boys. I was just on my way to this gay gypsy bar mitzva for the disabled when I thought, gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish! I think I'll kill the Furerh. Who's with me?" -River Song
"Crying Roman with a baby. Very cool." -Amy Pond
"Together or not at all" -Amy Pond
"No I'm sad...really really sad." -Amy Pond (aka the very description of my life...)
"Amelia Pond! Get your coat!" -The Doctor
"It's called marriage, honey." -River Song
"Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They're fast. Faster than you can ever believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck." -The Doctor
...SO MANY MORE. xD I can't even name them allllllll!!!!
So yup, Doctor Who has definitely taken over. XD I've been Whovian'd. ;D
Now Sherlock. Another BBC show that has taken over my heart and mind and soul and life....
Sherlock is amazing. It's absolutely awesome. EVERYONE needs to see this show. It's brilliant and just so COOL!!!!! I fell in love after ten minutes into the first episode. It was just so great. :D
I made it through series one and two without shedding a tear. And then literally one minute into the series 2 finale I was crying.
THEY JUST PUNCH YOU IN THE GUT AND THEN STAB YOU WITH A KNIFE AND THEN TWIST THE KNIFE UNTIL YOU BLEED TO DEATH AND WHEN THAT'S DONE THEN THEY TAKE A SEMI TRUCK AND RUN YOU OVER AND WHEN YOU THINK YUP THIS IS THE END THERE'S NOT TURNING BACK, I'M DEAD, THEY FORCE YOU TO STAY ALIVE UNTIL THEY TIE YOU TO A POST AND SHOOT YOUR HEART.
......and that's how they do it on BBC.
Yeahhh the whole sucker-punch feeling is just become so natural to me it's like numb. BBC has done this to me so much lately. Doctor Who and Sherlock. Ahhh. How much can I take?!
Anyway, watching Sherlock brought back memories for me because several years ago I went through a phase where I was in LOVE with Sherlock Holmes after reading some of the stories for fun between school work (this was when we first started homeschooling). So essentially, watching this show helped me relive that as well as getting me hooked on a new set of characters and yet another cast of perfect people who ruin my life on a daily basis.
And you know what's funny? My favorite character isn't Sherlock, or John, or Moriarty. My favorite character from Sherlock is D.I. Greg Lestrade. ;3 I don't even know why. Maybe it's because Rupert Graves is absolutely gorgeous and I could listen to his accent all day. But yeah, he's my favorite character. XD
afsldkjfksjdalf;ljskadafsdoiuwejklfsioa;sjlkfssajk;lsdashfdshkfkj;lfadsowoiaeiufdsa;jlkfasdjklfdaskjlfdasjkvadsnva;skldgfjlsdjfoiawueo;flkajsdklfasj;dsflkafds
ok.
Wholock has been my LIFE lately. THERE IS NO ESCAPING THE WHOLOCK.
Supernatural will probably be the next fandom I conquer (if I dare..I don't know) because then I can be Superwholocked XD
And don't worry friends, I haven't forgotten about Star Wars either. ;D I'm still just as hardcore about that. I just move from franchise to franchise. XD You know me, flighty and easily heartbroken. :D
![]() |
| see? star wars |
On another note, listen to this song that has become my life recently.........it's not only a perfect song for a story I wrote, but it's also from one of my now-favorite movies, Anastasia. ;D I just watched that for the first time and absolutely ADORED it. It was so cuuuuute and so funny!!! ;D Anya and Dimitri are definitely on my list of ships now. xD
Okie dokie, enough fangirling. ;D Next post should be an inspirational one. XD
So has anyone else been Wholocked? Anyone besides Ashley Tahg, who I hope reads this and is proud of what she's accomplished in my fandom-life. XD
P.S. I think I'll change my Blogger name to Grace, since that's pretty much what I'm known as now. XD Either Grace or Fallon, Jedi~Chick has almost fallen off the face of the interwebs. XD We'll see.





















Great post! It's awesome seeing the comparison shots of your mom and River! TWINS!!!! Could this be another Moffat ruse? :OO
ReplyDeleteGreat post!!! I'm into Doctor Who as well, and I agree, it is awesome! :D Now, GO WATCH SEASONS 1 THROUGH 4 NoOwW!!! XD Those seasons are my favorite- so exciting! :D (I'm on season 5 currently). And I have to agree, your mother looks A LOT like River Song- pretty cool :).
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen Sherlock yet but I plan to at some point, it looks really good :) Oh, and I want to watch Supernatural at some point too.
My sister and I LOVE that song! :D She did it in a dance recital several years ago and we both loved listening to it :).
I regret to inform you, I was cackling evilly the whole time I read this....
ReplyDeleteAshley, Ashley, Ashley more than a friend I think....... What have you done to us, introducing us to the Doctor and British tele. You have cost me more money and time than I care to admit to. And giving Grace one more fandom in Sherlock oi, the drama (British drama). Yes, life will never be the same in our home again for time has been rewritten. Thanks Ashley, I think.
ReplyDeleteOkay here are my answers to typical Whovian questions
Favorite Doctor: Matt Smith/Eleventh Doctor
Favorite Companion(s): Amy and Rory - River is the Doctor's wife so I don't count that as a companion (more than a companion don't you think)
Favorite Series: Six/Seven part 1
Favorite Episode: The Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon and every episode River is in. Including The Angels Take Manhattan
Favorite Quote: "Oh you bad boy you could burn New York" River Song in The Angels Take Manhattan and "You wouldn't answer your phone" from The Pandorica Opens and of course "Hello Sweetie" there are more but I have taken up enough space and time on your blog.
OMG! great to see you posting again! And happy birthday! Now you're 16. yay!
ReplyDeleteI want to answer the Who questions too. I love DW! Recently I've sort of joined the Supernatural bandwagon too ...good Lord above....I really need to watch Sherlock. I've only seen the pilot and I guess it didn't grab my interest. Well done though.
Favorite Doctor: David Tennant/Christopher Eccleston
Favorite Companion(s): Donna Noble, and Ace from the old series. I enjoyed most of the companions except Rose in s. 2 and Amy Pond.
Favorite Series: 4, with 3 as a close second. I loved Donna. Seasons 2 and 6 are my least favorite.
Favorite Episode: Silence in the Library without a doubt. Love the scary episodes. Blink, Midnight, and Human Nature/Family of Blood also. I can't pick just one!!!!
Favorite Quote: "It goes ding when there's stuff." Best explanation in all of science fiction IMHO.
Great post! I enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteYour mom really looks like her!
Glad you like Doctor Who and Sherlock now. I've been a Dr. Who fan since the series started in 2005 as well as Sherlock when it started last year. :)
ReplyDeleteYour answers to your favorite Doctor Who things are seriously the exact same as mine! Amy and Rory are definitely my favorite Companions and Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor, hands down. Except favorite episode, that is nearly impossible to decide but I like your answer.
Wait, that is a picture of your monther? I thought it was a picture of River Song until I read above it.
Have you seen the Doctor Who Meets Star Wars video? If not here is a link to it, I thought you might like it. :)
http://jandjproductions1809.blogspot.com/2011/08/doctor-whos-season-season-premiere-is.html
One last thing, I've just finished the Thrawn Trilogy and I am now a big fan of Mara Jade! Loved her character in the book. :D
-James
YAY for being Wholocked! I love Sherlock. My newest obsession. Actually that might be the 39 clues. Or maybe not. I DON'T KNOW I HAVE SO MANY FANDOMS I CAN'T KEEP TRACK OF THEM ALL!!! Problem sound familiar? Anyways. Awesome post! :)
ReplyDelete