Sunday, November 11, 2012

Skyfall

Why not, I'll do a little update. I've got a few things to actually talk about, and not procrastinating things. XD

NaNoWriMo is coming along okay...I really need to keep writing. XD I started editing a different story for something and got distracted...hopefully I'll take all day tomorrow to write and focus on my NaNo story. I can do this!!! :D

Now...the title of this post. Skyfall.  Anyone familiar with the James Bond movies?  I've gotta admit that I'm definitely a Bond Girl now, as my mother told me. XD My brain has been full of 007/MI6/British Intelligence stuff all day. :D
Last night, my dad and I met up with a family friend (and his sons) and we saw the new James Bond film, Skyfall.
It. Was. Awesome.  Seriously, absolutely amazing.  I don't know the other Bond films, I haven't seen them (yet!) and I LOVED that movie. It was fantastic.  The kid next to me hogging the arm rest, the rude teenage girls in front of me talking through the whole movie and the girl on her phone behind me couldn't ruin it. :D Too awesome.

The trailers were awesome by the way, I must say.  They played a Les Mis featurette and I was like flailing and dying all over the place.  Saw Emma Stone and Jamie Alexander in upcoming movies and got very excited, and my favorite preview was when they played the Iron Man 3 trailer. XD
Oh man. I SCREAMED, and then was flailing and freaking out so bad I hit the guy next to me. XD I'm glad I knew who he was at least, so it wasn't terribly awkward (he's one of the sons of family friend guy XD)
Twas hilarious.  And, for the record, I did apologize.
And, the IM3 Trailer looked so gorgeous on the big screen I could not even.

Now, Skyfall.


For someone who doesn't know much about James Bond, I thought it was REALLY well done.  The characters were awesome, well written and very fun to watch.  I automatically liked (LOVED) James Bond himself, and found I liked Eve Monipenny, though I didn't even know her name until the end of the movie! XD


She was really kick butt and awesome. ;D

My three favorite things about Skyfall:
1.  The Accents.  
HELLOOOO BRITISH!!!! I love British things already, so this was just awesome.  I feel like I'm an official pretend-Brit now, having 007 under my belt, along with Sherlock and Doctor Who. XD
2.  Tug-At-Your-Heartstings Moments.
I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and wants to...but there were a few heartstring tugging moments in there.  I teared up towards the end, I had shock and confusion all over my face in teh beginning, and then a few times in the middle of the movie I had to go "AWWW" and like grabbed at my heart. XD Good stuff, good writing.
3. The Soundtrack.
Oh good GOD THAT WAS GORGEOUS. I was marveling over the soundtrack constantly. I want it NOOOWWWW. I think I shall beg my father to take me to Wal-Mart tomorrow to see if they have it, because I really really really really really want to get it. XD

Warnings:
1.  Language.
It actually didn't bother me too much...but I could see where it would bother some.  There was a bit of language in the film, though it's nothing super bad, I don't think. 
2.  More 'sexy' things. 
There was a bit of suggestive material several times in the movie. XD I didn't mind it, since there was nothing too explicit, but it is in there. 

Can I just say....James Bond is HOT. Even if he's old. XD He's really really hot. I MEAN LOOK AT HIM.


yeah. very nice to look at for almost 3 hours. xD

I've gotta share at least this song, because it's been in my head all day for one, and two, it's just AWESOME!!  :D




  Love Adele, love this song. *presses play for the billionth time*

                   

So yeah, I'm a Bond girl now. ;) I can't wait to see the other James Bond movies....I'm really excited to see them now!! :D Thank you Daddy for taking me with you on guys-night-out to go see Skyfall, it was so awesome I'm still having issues comprehending it. ;D

I highly recommend this movie!!!!

Oh, and for the record, all of you action lovers, there was TONS of it.  The fight scenes were SO COOL. And there were a lot of explosions too. ;) *cough SAVANNA cough*

Pitiful post, I know, but it's like 1:30 and I'm tired. XD  I'm rambling, aren't I? ...yeah, I know. Sorry.

See you all at MI6....
Grace ;)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the movie. :) I am a major Bond every since I was a kid and I cannot wait to see Skyfall! I highly recommend watching Casino Royale, that is Daniel Craig origin as Bond. Also I would recommend the first three Bond movies from the 60s. They are more lighthearted than serious but still fun to watch. :D Love the song, one the best songs in a Bond movie. :)

    -James

    -James

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!