But to be honest, I have total legit reasons for being so gone. :P
Just so you know though, I do not want this to be a really depressing post (which it probably would be should my mindset not be so positive XD) and after I talk about things I'll make it happy. :D
So the past few weeks have been pretty tough on me, and my entire family. In less than three weeks, we went from having a total of 14 pets to having 1. It was really heartbreaking. We had pet birds (some of you know this) and we had to give them away under very immediate and heartbreaking circumstances. I still don't like to think about it...because those girls were my babies. :(
Shortly after that, while still suffering the loss of 12 very important parts of our lives, our dog Fritz (our mini Schnauzer) passed away. He was living with Cancer for a very long time and finally couldn't breathe anymore. He had to be put down. It was very sad, but it was his time. He held on for a long time for us.
| Glory and Fritz. RIP little guy. |
After recovering from the loss of our pets, our family has been really getting into the Christmas spirit. Presents, shopping, wrapping, buying, making, baking, shipping, mailing, parties, visits with friends, music, ETC. ETC. ETC.
Things haven't just been busy, they've been HECTIC. Between all of that, and tons of school work, I've had barely enough time for talking to my friends, which I try to make time for everyday.
I haven't logged into Lakehouse in probably a week (maybe more! D: ) and I haven't made time for blogging, on this blog or any of my others. :( I haven't even been making Tumblr time!!! XD
So now things are slowing down (LOL not really) but I'm getting caught up on school, I'm getting my schedules together and I'm making more time for everything. I'm finally getting to Skype with friends this weekend, and log into TLF to get stuff put together. :D So excited to be getting back into that groove! ;)
Now I want to make this more of an appreciation post. With all the sadness that's been hanging in the air around me and my family lately, I've been really really really grateful for my friends for being there for me through all this. Autumn, Savanna, Ashley, Stephanie, etc...you guys have listened to so many pointless rants about my life and listened to me whine and even cry. Thank you so much guys...you mean the world to me. xoxo
So even though I've been sad, this whole experience has given me a lot of time to think. God and I have had some serious conversations lately, about everything going on, life in general, and even my future and where my life is going from here. I have a new drive about myself, one of more independence and self-confidence. I've been doing that whole "praising Him through the storm" thing, since 'stormy' is quite a good adjective to describe the past month. Finally the light at the end of the tunnel is showing itself...I'm looking forward to Christmas, to Doctor Who, to seeing friends soon (hopefully! :DDD) and presents and get togethers. I've visited with a friend today I hadn't seen in a very long while, and was really excited by how much this old friend and I have in common. I'm starting to make some IRL friends (not that my e-friends aren't good enough, ;D) and it's really nice. ;)
I finished NaNoWriMo. This is gonna sound crazy, but quite honestly, writing a 50k novel really did get me through November, which wasn't a very fun month on our family. I would lock myself in my room and write for hours instead of crying and carrying on, putting my emotion and feelings into my writing. It worked wonders, and I finished the wordcount (the story is NO WHERE near done). I'm very happy and proud that i finished this year, seeing I was only expecting to get to 30k in total. :D
So that's about it...I'll be doing more actual quality posts soon. :) I think I'm constantly saying that, aren't I?! Well, since Christmas is coming up on us and I KNOW I'm gonna be really crazy busy...I love you all!! Thanks for being there for me, and thanks to all of you for being so amazing and awesome. :D
Lots of love,
Your Busy Blogger,
Grace :)


I know how hard this was for you all! Losing a pet (or pets) is never easy.We went through the lost of a pet seven years ago.It broke our hearts and I did not ever think we wanted a pet again after that.But we didn't feel that would be fair to your cousin because she really wanted one.
ReplyDeleteHold on to your sweet Bailey.I am sure he misses his little friend.Love that photo of fritz and Glory.Fritz looks like he is smiling! I am sure he is smiling down on all of you!
xx
Aunt Anne