Monday, December 31, 2012

This Year (a recap)

Hi...
........
.........
*hangs head in shame*
I apologize for being such a dispondant blogger lately.  To say I've been busy is the understatement of the century.
Anyway, it's new years eve. Tomorrow starts 2013, a new start.
Everyone's doing recap posts...Savanna did a great one, my mom did one, and my last minute buddies are here stressing with me thinking "WHAT it's already New Years I HAVE TO WRITE A BLOG POST AHHH" ;)
Am I right?

So here I am. Blogging.
I'm currently at the lovely vacation home in the Keys...watched the sunset, took a nap, watched movies, it's great. I love coming down here. Definitely having fun in paradise.


Let's recap shall we?  2012 was very good to me. I was blessed with an amazing year, full of growth and change, in a good way for the most part. ;) I'm gonna try to write this in the style that my favorite person (Savanna) did...month by month. Let's see how far my memory reaches. XD

Janurary:  I honestly don't remember much about Janurary of last year...I know we celebrated New Years at le vacation home, and that it was a fun new year. I tried doing Project 365, but seeing my camera broke, that fell off the face of the earth. XD I started using Instagram to post pictures about my life during Janurary.  My family also joined our gym, 9Round this month! :)



February:  Best weekend of my life in Febrary...while celebrating my dad's birthday, I got to meet my best friend "in real life". :) I went out to dinner with Savanna and spent all day at her house a day later. It was great.



March:  I spent time in March out in nature. We took a trip to a lighthouse, visiting things that are literally in our backyard, but we never get to see!! I became more serious about my viola, started writing more (editing novels) and fangirled with my mother over Star Wars. We read a lot of the EU together! :)


April:  April brought more fun. We celebrated Easter as a family and took a trip to our vacation home. It brought a lot of fun and excitement. Funny memories, I had my eyes terribly dilated while on that trip, so I was pretty blind.  I got glasses in April. 8)  Our Springtime trip to the Keys is one of our favorite memories of going. It was a great time. :)



too much fun resulted in serious sunburns XD

May:  May was one of the best months for me.  In May, I got to meet my best friend/sissie Ashley-Tara,  attended the yearly Homeschool Convention, went to Disney's Star Wars Weekends with Savanna and her family, and got to meet up with my bestie Autumn, and a few other friends at Disney.  Too much fun to handle...never thought it was possible to love people so much until I got to be with my friends IRL! :)

Me and Ashley got to see Avengers together!!!!
dreams DO come true!! Disney wtih my BFF!
me and mah audy 
all of us!!
June:  Another epic month!!! Savanna came over to my house for four whole days, we had a sleepover. One of the first ever sleepovers I've had where a friend comes to MY house. It was SO much fun. I loved it. We're planning another sleepover soon. :D Also, we redesigned my bedroom. I got new paint and a new desk! 



July:  In July I went to the Keys on vacation again, for the 4th of July. Probably my favorite trip this year. It was a blast. Tons of great pictures and tonnnsss of fun.  I wrote a novel in July, and finished up the ninth grade.





August:  All I care about and remember from August is one thing. Celebration VI. Easily the best four days of my life. I'm still waiting for something to top CVI....not sure if anything ever will. ;)  I spent four whole days surrounded by my greatest passion in life. Star Wars. Even better than that, I got to spend four whole days with my best friends in the whole galaxy.  I shopped, ate, partied and celebrated with my Lakehouse Sisters. All 15 of us got together a few times for loads of fun. I can't really think about CVI for too long without crying. :') I love those people so much.








Yeah can't handle all these feels. :'( I miss my friends. *hugs*

September:  I moped through September. XD I started Galactic Geek Girls with Savanna I think...well, we started before CVI but continued during September. It was fun, we'll be getting more of that going soon!! :D  School started up, I began the 10th Grade. I started Orchestra, the Symphony orchestra where I play 3rd Chair viola (out of like 8 violists!).  I watched Doctor Who Season 7 as it started, and threw weekly parties for the new episodes with Embie, Glory and my parents. :) Explored more of Doctor Who, grew more and more obsessed, and overall had fun.  I also had toe surgery. XD

school
me fangirling about romans...invasion of the HOT Italians ;D
decorations in my room, curtesy of CVI 
aftermath of fangirling
toe surgery = feels
October:  I turned 16 in October!! I had a 1940's Captain America birthday. :) It was great fun. I celebrated Halloween by dressing up as the TARDIS with Embie. It was a lot of fun!!  October brought great excitement and controversy with the merger of Disney and Lucasfilm. xD





November:  November was filled with ups and downs.  We had to give away our pets and finish with a way of life...and our pup Fritz passed away. :( Though all that was sad, November was very successful for me. I wrote a novel.  Didn't think I'd finish, but I conquered NaNoWriMo. :D Yay!


December:  Christmas and Holiday busy-ness. I went to the movies twice and spent lots of time with family. I had a beautiful Christmas, and moved past sad things that happened this year. I've written more, edited more, and I'm growing up.  This year was beautiful and amazing, and I'm incredibly blessed.


So it'll be January in just a few hours. What great hope the new year brings!! Hopes for new adventures and new discoveries.
Here are some of my top hopes and dreams for the New Year....since the whole "resolutions" thing is too mainstream. ;)
-Get a puppy. New addition to our family...or rather, two new additions. Can't wait for our new furry friends to join the family.
-Move to Principal Orchestra. Lots of work involved, but it'll be worth it.
-Write an ORIGINAL novel. I've done it before, but this time I want to do a very serious one. That I would look at possibly publishing someday. o.o Can I do it?! I think so.
-Visit more friends. Sleepover with Savanna and Autumn. Visit more friends? PLEASE.  Grow closer with my friends, be a better one to them. :)
-Elimitate my time management issues. Finish school on TIME darnit.
-Stop being so darn lazy. This goes for everything, how I dress, how I eat/speak/live, how I do my school work, practice my viola, etc. I'm getting far too lazy!!

So let's do this!!!!!! Let's make 2013 even better than 2012. :) God bless!!!

Lots of love,
Your affectionate and hopeful blogger,
Grace xXx

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun in 2012! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like 2012 was an awesome year for you! Congrats on finishing your novel! :D I wish you all the luck in the world in 2013! Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I am glad you had a good 2012...it definitely had it's ups and downs for me as well. Here's to a great 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!