Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Why Homeschooling is Awesome

Sorry once again for being a despondent blogger...working on turning over a new leaf. ;)

Homeschooling is pretty awesome.  Sometimes people ask me weird typical questions.
Like...
"Is your mom your teacher?! :O"
"Don't you get bored?!"
"How do you learn stuff?"
"How do you have friends?!"
"Don't you want to kill your mom?!" (that's a fairly new one I got recently....I took offense to that XD)
"How are you going to go to college?!"
"How do you get a report card?!"
"What grade are  you in?"
"Do you wish you weren't homeschooled?"
"Do you miss normal school?"
"I wish I was homeschooled...."

.....*cricket noise*......
yeah.
I kinda just start to laugh when I get all of those in the SAME conversation.  Last week I met a girl who I've actually known for a while (as an acquaintance  and she suddenly found out I was homeschooled.)  I was asked all of those questions...I'm getting good at answering them.  It's kinda funny actually...when I get to the "how do you have friends" or "how do you go places" or "how do you do stuff" I start to mess with people.
When this girl asked me how I have friends and go places, I started to panic, looking around and hyperventilating, asking how the heck I got where I was, and where my mom was.  My other (also homeschooled) friend was laughing so hard I thought she was going to fall over. XD It was a little too fun watching oh-uneducated-about-homeschoolers person freak out at my reaction. XDD

Anyway...wanna know another reason Homeschooling is awesome?!

Because I did this:


For a school day.
Two school days actually.  

Last week my mom told me and my sister that we should start packing up our bags because on Tuesday and Wednesday she'd be taking us to EPCOT, for SCHOOL. 

It was an awesome trip.  Since we're studying the Renaissance, my mom wanted to take us to see the architecture in Italy in EPCOT's World Showcase, and also the path of communication that's shown in Spaceship Earth.  I have got to say...I was really looking forward to going on Spaceship Earth...ever since we studied the Egyptians. ;D





SEE!! ARCHITECTURE!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

After doing some fun study stuff, including being thrown into Italian art....(Glory and I were part of the entertainment :D So fun.) we met up with Savanna the next day, and had a blast. :'D
I hadn't seen anyone since CVI, so it'd been 5 long months of waiting to see my bestie again. ;)







Some of the highlights. ;) We had a blast. <3 again="" and="" each="" get="" ll="" other="" p="" really="" see="" soon="" to="" we="">

So the point of this post is this: Homeschooling ROCKS. It opens you up to new opportunities and possibilities, like going to Disney randomly on a weekday, visiting your best friend there in the middle of the week, and having awesome conversations with hilarious people. XD

More to come soon...
Grace :)

5 comments:

  1. XD that's the best story I've heard today. Great picture! I really wish I can hang out with you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People have asked me some of the same questions when I was younger. The most common one when I was at the store with my monther was "Why aren't you in school?". Between ages 10-15 I got asked that at least a once a month! XD *high five* for messing with public schoolers!

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, homeschooling is awesome!!! I've been asked those questions before too, and I agree, it is pretty amusing XD
    LOL at pretending to freak out XD
    Glad you had fun with Savanna at Epcot! :D That's my favorite Disney park :)
    (and YAY, I can comment again! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! I love being homeschooled! I get asked those questions alllllll the time!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!