I was thinking recently....I will never NOT love The Clone Wars. Some of my friends have ditched the show, getting fed up with Darth Maul or with where they're taking the plot, or the lack of Ahsoka or the lack of good episodes or whatever. I understand that, I respect that, I just know that I will never be that way.
A few weeks ago, I was talking to a good friend of mine, and he was saying how The Clone Wars was really failing lately, becoming a drag to watch. He said that the Micro-Series was better (and it's cool in it's own right, I'll give him that) and I found myself defending TCW very hardcore. XD I normally don't really care if people bash TCW, mostly because I've seen it happen SO much that it's just normal now. But I felt I had to defend this show...this show which means a lot to me and which when it comes down to it, is probably my favorite TV show of all time.
I love Doctor Who, I love Warehouse 13, I love Sherlock, I love Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, but I really love The Clone Wars. And I'll never stop.
Here's why.
The Clone Wars was my FIRST true TV show fandom that I followed closely. My sister fell in love with it (and Ahsoka) when she was only in KINDERGARTEN. That was a huge deal for her, seeing the Clone Wars movie in the theaters for a birthday party...it sparked our entire family's Star Wars fandom, though we didn't know it at the time.
The first two seasons, I didn't like TCW nor did I watch it. But after getting into the Original Trilogy, I backtracked and rewatched all the episodes, immediately falling in love. I watched the premiere for Season 3 and Season 4, and now Season 5 too. This fandom is unlike the others...though I always go through phases of "what I'm into" right then, whether it be Doctor Who, or Korra, or Star Trek, or Warehouse 13 (I'm sorta between fandoms right now...) I always always ALWAYS fall back on Star Wars. No matter what, Star Wars is my Number 1 fandom. The Clone Wars is included in that. I can always rewatch my favorite episodes over and over. I can complain all I want about where TCW is going with boring arcs or lack of character development, or whatever, but I'll always tune in every Saturday morning, and I'll never get tired of the show. :)
Aside from it being my first TV show fandom, The Clone Wars has made a huge impact on my life. Because of The Clone Wars, I've met a lot of my best friends, and I've gotten to meet many of the TCW voice actors (all of whom are amazing and some of my favorite people on the planet). :) I've written fanfiction for The Clone Wars, read fanfiction for it, watched fanvideos (often made by said friends) and obsessed over it, though not as "hardcore" as some of my other fandoms. It's just always there, TCW is a constant. Never changing.
Something really awesome I've noticed about The Clone Wars is that there are different ways to fangirl over it. (Or Fanboy, depending on who you are XD) Savanna and I watched the most recent episode of TCW (dasf;j;askldfjkasl) when I was over at her house this past weekend and we were both freaking out, but for different reasons. Savanna is the biggest Clone fangirl I know. I honestly don't think ANYONE loves Commander Wolffe as much as she does. She was super excited to see Commander Fox, and the Shockie troopers, and the ARF troopers (and their dog things XD). I was excited to see Anakin, Rex, and Ahsoka. I was actually emotionally distraught over Rex, Anakin and Ahsoka, but that's beside the point. XDD
I love the heroes, the main characters, their story arcs, how their stories tie into the greater films and overall greater saga. Savanna likes the bad guys, the Clone Troopers, the and Bounty Hunters. Despite our loves of TCW differing so much, we still find a lot in common between us, and we still share this mutual bond over The Clone Wars, no matter how different it is. It's cool. A lot of my friends are like that, TCW is so broad that we all like different things, but we still share the same show, and are all fans of it. :)
Speaking of last week's episode...it was insane. INCREDIBLE and insane. I think that thus far, that was my favorite episode...well, I also liked the episode with the Mandos and Satine (SOBS) and Obi-Wan and Savage and everything. THAT was a great episode. That revived my TCW feels...it was ABSOLUTELY wonderfully done. I loved "The Lawless". I think that "The Jedi Who Know Too Much" is definitely in second place thus far. The voice acting was phenomenal. I still can't get over Matt Lanter and Ashley Eckstein's interaction with one another in that scene. It means so much and just is so amazing...I can't listen to the ending scene without wanting to curl up in a ball and cry. XD
Anyway, I've been having all the Clone Wars feels lately. I can remember when TCW season 3 was premiering and we were all so excited to watch...I remember making Clone Cupcakes. ;) We had another little premiere party with Yoda Soda and other Star Warsy type foods for the Season 4 premiere too. Season 5's premiere is by far my favorite....I spent hours in line at Celebration VI with my TLF sisters, and we watched the premiere with hundreds of thousands of other Star Wars TCW fans, and cheered and flailed and panicked and it was a BLAST. ;)
Me and Glory Season 5 premiere, SWCVI. (Amanda photobomb XD)
Now I've remembered how much I love TCW. It started when I was watching Ahsoka run for her life, and was amplified when I saw her and Anakin's discussion. The way he spoke to her.. "I'll never let anyone hurt you, Ahsoka!"
It's a great show. The animation is incredible and the characters are compelling and awesome. :) I love everything about it. Even the episodes I hate, I still love, because it's The Clone Wars.
/end ranty Clone Wars post/ ;)
Your very feelsy fangirl,
Grace
P.S. I am thinking of doing some more Star Wars opinion posts soon...I have a lot of thoughts I want to get into words. XDD





*pokes head in*
ReplyDeleteWOLFFE FTW!!!!
I agree, Star Wars is my main fandom as well and will be the one I will always fall back on :)
ReplyDeleteI think that my love for the EU mirrors yours with TCW :D Though, I do love watching TCW(just not Satine or Maul) and I loved getting to watch the season 5 premiere at CVI and getting to meet and talk to Matt Lanter and Dee Bradley Baker :D
I'd love to see more Star Wars opinion posts :)
I truly feel lacking each day that passes that I don't experience this TCW saga...but, as we are tv less, and my family care nought for it. (I'm even failing to get them any bit excited about the future star wars movies...bah. the lot of old humbugs) I don't know how to 'get involved'.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, I'll figure something out. ;D
Glad that you posted something about The Clone Wars. :) I feel like I am the only person still watches the series. I agree "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" was amazing! Probably my favorite Ahsoka episode of the series. Easily the most dramatic scene of the Clone Wars. :D Do you think that you will start reviewing the episodes again? I would really like to hear your opinion of them. :) Great post! Good to see that I am not the last Clone Wars on Blogger!
ReplyDelete-James
Good for you for sticking with the show! I've gotten a lot of crap for watching it, but I still love it. Writing fanfiction and drawing fan art are lots of fun. Bad guys are my favorite, but Ahsoka was really cool in the latest episode. If I save enough money I want to go to a premiere someday too.
ReplyDeleteAwesome post, I love it :) Very inspiring, and I need to get back watching the droid arc. The Jedi Who knew too much is really great!
ReplyDeleteI agree. I will always be a Clone Wars fan. The Clone Wars is the only television show I follow. I would never miss an episode of The Clone Wars. I love each and every one of them.
ReplyDeleteFor what it's worth, even I found "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" gut wrenching. I was so fired up, I couldn't sleep that Saturday night.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if you watched "To Catch a Jedi," so I won't spoil anything here. What I will say is that it took some different turns than I expected.
While it looks pretty bleak for Ahsoka right now, I would hope they will find a way to exonerate her so she can remain a Jedi for Season 6 and beyond. I have to admit I would find it very difficult to keep watching if they clear her, but she still gets kicked out of the Order. If they killed her off and tried to continue the show, I probably wouldn't watch any further and write a fan fiction alternate ending where she is able to continue on a s a Padawan. In my opinion, they cant do more seasons without her. So, I will be watching the season finale eagerly to see not only her fate, but who the real culprit is (or culprits as I'm presently suspecting).
Amen my sister fantastic post I 100% agree I have been a clone war fan from the beginning I remember my sister and I was freaking out in the theatre over a preview for the movie. When the movie came out I saw it at least 4 times in theatres and then got it like the day it came out. I loved all the season premiers but season 5 took tops fangirling with my lakehouse sisters and having a signing party in line was a dream come true. I have met tons of wonderful girls (including you) through this fandom and am and always will be a clone war fan
ReplyDeleteanyway sorry for the long comment Clone wars all the way fantastic post. Defintily looking foward to more sw posts MTFBWY