So "The Wrong Jedi" happened and I decided to go ahead and post a 'reaction' in place of a 'review'...mostly because my head is so full of fanfiction and feelings that I can't process to write a hardcore review. XD
Speaking of fanfiction, I wrote a story that takes place right after the episode, if you'd like to read/review it for me. :) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9073019/1/
So this entire episode really really exploded my emotions because just EVERYONE and all these FEELINGS and my BABIES and WHYYYYYYYY.
From a writing standpoint, the episode was great, the ending was flawless, and wonderfully done. But HOLY CHEESEBALLS BATMAN, IT HURT.
I watched the episode with Savanna on Saturday morning, since she was spending the weekend at my house (lots of fun btw, I had a blast with her :DDD) but when I watched it with Vannie (who was still hyped about the .01 seconds of Wolffe in the "previously on TCW" bit....) I didn't really get the full impact of the emotions. I was sad, and I teared up, but I wasn't as blown away as I thought I would be. I think that it was a mixture of it being early and I wasn't focused on the episode as much as I was my best friend sitting next to me. XD
But then I went ahead and bought the episode on iTunes and rewatched it. I watched it the other morning, and I cried so hard that I could not BREATHE. It suddenly hit me that I'd watched Ahsoka GROW UP, that I saw her and Anakin's friendship and relationship grow by leaps and bounds, and then I saw her WALK AWAY.....it ripped my heart out. I was SO sad. I mean....he'd been there with her through everything. They'd taken care of each other, saving one another's lives, learning from one another, growing together as Jedi and as heroes.
![]() |
| they're facing the same way |
I just cannot handle this. He was so sure that she'd just agree instantly and become his Padawan again, a title that he NEVER wanted to be stripped of her, that was taken away against his will, but LOOK
She said no.
The heartbreak in Anakin's eyes during the entire episode hurt me so much. You could see everything in his eyes, they were an open book. You could see his anger and frustration with Ahsoka's position, his hate and anger at Ventress, his pure disgust with Barriss, and his total heartbreak when Ahsoka left. You could literally see the moment his heart shatters.
He's tearing up.
Did I mention I cried over this ALL DAY?
Because I did.
Artistic moment....between the GORGEOUS string music, the lighting, dialogue and the silence and somber music when the credits rolled, The Clone Wars team did a BRILLIANT job making that ending about as gut wrenching as possible. They did it PERFECTLY.
Flawless.
Hey look, the progression of friendship and love that crushes my soul and makes me want to murder small animals!
*claws out eyes with a rake*
They were so close. They were BFFs5ever. Ani and Soka, kickbutt Jedi team. D;
I knew it was coming guys. I knew that Ahsoka couldn't be with him forever. I knew it would hurt when she left/was killed/was written out of the show. I hope to GOD that she isn't done in the series, because they just left her story WAAAAAAAAY too open for that to be the end. I need to know what she knows about Anakin and what she's going to do with her life. I know from reading some of the Jedi Apprentice books that when a Jedi chooses to leave the Order (or is kicked out) the Jedi give them resources and even set them up somewhere where they can make a way for themselves. Does that happen for Ahsoka? Or is she on her own?
LOOK AT HIS FACE. LOOK AT HER FACE. LOOK AT THE HEARTBREAK AND STRUGGLE IN THEIR EYES. SHE'S READY TO CRY. I AM CRYING. SOMEONE GET ME MORE TISSUES.
AND IT HURTS SO MUCH, BECAUSE FROM THERE ON OUT ANAKIN SECOND GUESSES THE JEDI. HE SECOND GUESSES THEIR MOTIVES AND HE IS SECRETLY ANGRY AT THEM FOR TAKING AWAY EVERYTHING FROM HIM. IT'S BECAUSE OF THE ORDER THAT HIS MOTHER IS DEAD. IT'S BECAUSE OF THE ORDER THAT AHSOKA IS GONE. IT'S BECAUSE OF THE ORDER THAT HE AND PADME CAN'T BE TOGETHER WHENEVER THEY WANT. IT'S BECAUSE OF THE JEDI ORDER THAT HE'S SO ALONE AND CONFLICTED.
No wonder it's so easy for Palaptine to make him a slave. He just has to snap his fingers, ruin a few more things, give Anakin a bit more doubt, let the Jedi screw themselves even more by telling him to "embrace loss" and BOOM, Darth Vader.
Also SHE'S CRYING WHEN SHE WALKS AWAY. I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT WHEN I WATCHED IT ON SATURDAY, BUT WATCHING IT AGAIN I NOTICED THAT AHSOKA HAD TEARS RUNNING DOWN HER CHEEKS WHILE SHE WALKED AWAY. SHE DIDN'T TURN BACK, SHE DIDN'T LOOK AT HIM AGAIN, SHE DIDN'T EVEN SAY /GOODBYE/ SHE JUST WALKED AWAY, INTO THE SUNSET, CRYING AS SHE LEFT HER BEST FRIEND AND THE ONLY HOME SHE'D EVER KNOWN, BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN AND SHE COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT. AHSOKA HAD NEVER BEEN IN A SITUATION THAT SHE COULDN'T FIGHT OR TALK HER WAY OUT OF AND NOW SHE'S FILLED WITH SUCH CONFUSION AND SHE'S JUST SO LOST THAT SHE HAS TO LEAVE THE JEDI TEMPLE, LEAVE THE JEDI ORDER, LEAVE ANAKIN! AND I CANNOT AND I MIGHT BE CRYING AGAIN...D;
I'd like to take a moment to thank the cast and crew of The Clone Wars for creating the most beautiful animated series to grace the television. XD The lighting, music, design and characters are just GORGEOUS. You can see all the emotions, you can feel everything so vividly. The story writing is brilliant and I am constantly amazed. Even episodes that I didn't like, such as the Droid Arc, they were still animated brilliantly, and the voice talent was incredible. So THANK YOU Clone Wars, THANK YOU.
Thanks Dave Filoni for crushing my soul and making me cry violently for the past 24 hours straight. @.@
I have to add, through all this pain and suffering, I've taken more time to talk with my TLF girlfriends, and we've bonded over our mutual favorite character. :) I've really loved talking with Pink, Shelby, Autumn (duhh), Lilly, Michelle and everyone on TLF about our feelings. XD It's nice to have a support group. XD
*breathes* I just have a lot of feelings, okay? I feel bad for Ashley Eckstein....when I get to Star Wars Weekends I'm going to hug her and sob. XD I know Autumn will do the same, so I won't be alone. But still. Sorry in advance, Ashley. XD
I leave you all with this incredible (horrible) video made by my good friend Shelby, who captured everything I said in this blog post with a High School Musical song and some dang good video editing. Ow ow ow. I sobbed sooooooooooOoooOOoooOo hard watching that thing. Yet I've watched it at least 8 times. XD
Okay guys...sorry for such a spazzy post, but I need to get some feels out and I really wanted to talk about my TCW feels. XD
Ready my fanfic. *promotes* http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9073019/1/His-Fault
As my sister says....."Peace out, Homies."
xoxo,
your very feelsy blogger,
Grace












Excellent post. We all knew this day would come but we were not ready for it, nor would we really ever be. Like the Doctor, we don't like endings. As a mother of a huge Ahsoka fan, i.e. your sister, it was heartbreaking knowing how much Ahsoka's leaving would hurt her. Glad to see you dealing with your emotions in your usual fashion. Cry, flail, write. I've been reassuring your sister everything will be okay, I understand the council set Ahsoka up with a pony farm. Can't beat that:) In the meantime, no matter what happens to Ahsoka, she is and always will be a Jedi at heart.
ReplyDeleteHey, look! My computer's going to let me comment on this post!
ReplyDeleteI CRIED LIKE MERLIN ENDED ALL OVER AGAIN! I cried and I cried and actually punched my iPad which was a great friend because it didn't break when I was posting on TLF. I ended up wearing my "Jedi Knight or Soon Will Be" shirt, and that only made me want to cry again. I also wore my Ahsoka Lekku from CVI for a while, and am working on a new set of Ahsoka arm bands.
You're right, though, the Clone Wars team did an AMAZING job of creating emotion in all of the characters. The animation was stunning, I'm really impressed with how far it has come, I hope they do a movie to end everything off! After five seasons of watching Snips and Sky Guy fight side by side, turn evil and come back, and save the lives of countless people, it really hurt to see her go.
The worst part was that I KNEW she was going to leave. I didn't give myself false hope. That moment when she saw how Barriss had betrayed the Jedi for what was actually a good reason, she started to question how she could possibly ever trust tem again.
Ok, I'm going to stop ranting an go read your fanfic now :)
~Shaak Ti
Excellent Post *hugs* I agree this arc especially the final episode was heart breaking I never knew an animated show could make me hurt this much as an adult but Dave and the entire cast and crew certainly showed me its possible. I am so thankful I have you and the other girls to chat with on TLF because I couldnt handle all of these feels on my own.
ReplyDeleteShelby's video is way to heartbreaking its too perfect. Hey though a pony farm isn't a bad gig :D (until dave crushes that idea lol)
-Michelle
My FEELS. Why? I was crying hard too. I'm glad I didn't cry alone.
ReplyDeleteGreat post. Going to read your fan fix now and cry some more.
Wow thats all I can say wow. Thanks for my little shout out of my weird sayings. And EVERYONE GO RED HER FAN FICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are really really good. Well loves you big sis *huggles*!!!!!!!!! :D <3
ReplyDelete