The Clone Wars is over.
......
Cancelled.
Done.
Forever.
No more waking up early on Saturday mornings to watch the new episodes. No more panels at conventions, no more screaming at people over it on TLF or Skype or Twitter. NO MORE.
.........
Get ready for a really emotional/sobby post about The Clone Wars, what it means to me, and how much it's impacted my life, why I'll miss it so much....shoot....crying already....nopenopenope.
So Monday REALLY stunk for me (and my family). First, I went to the dentist and found out I had a cavity and wasn't pleased about it, and was in a bad mood because of it, and when I got home and logged onto Twitter, I saw that the internet had EXPLODED because of this article released on starwars.com
I read the article hurriedly (three times to catch all the details) and then watched the video. Almost as soon as Dave Filoni started explaining what was going on with TCW and that it was "winding down", I started crying. A lot. Then I ran from my room, (crying hard, mind you) and told my mom and sister that The Clone Wars (our favorite TV show, aside from Doctor Who) was cancelled. Glory's face twisted up with upset, and she ran into her room, closed the door, and laid on her floor and cried. :'(
This is why it hurt so much. Without TCW, my family wouldn't be Star Wars fans. I wouldn't have met Savanna, or Autumn, or Ashley, or started Lakehouse, or met any of my other friends, or have gone to Star Wars Weekends, or Celebration or ANYTHING. It wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't be a Doctor Who fan, or a Warehouse 13 fan, or ATLA or Korra or Sherlock or Avengers or Marvel or ANYTHINGGGGG. NONE OF IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.
My sister was six when she saw The Clone Wars movie in theaters. For a little kid, that was awesome and a huge deal, she loved it and started watching the series as it aired on Cartoon Network. She eventually decided she needed to see the other Star Wars movies, which I purchased for her, and you know the rest of the story. Anyways...The Clone Wars really got me into Star Wars even more than the OT did, because it was so constant and something to look forward to every week.
Because of The Clone Wars, Ashley Eckstein became part of the Star Wars community and because of Ashley Eckstein I felt confident in being a fangirl and embraced who I was and because of that I met my best friends on the planet and made so many amazing friends and created a website for fangirls and started writing fanfiction and then discovered how much I love to write and how it's my passion and now I sit before you staring at my computer with tears in my eyes because I didn't realize how big of a deal The Clone Wars was to me until it's GONE.
I think that in this time of mourning for our favorite TV show...the finale's 'fortune cookie' was really important. I'm clinging to this TCW-ism for dear life.
Because come on guys....I'M SAD. I talked with Savanna on the phone on Tuesday after the news was released and we both were reminiscing and being sad, and she said "I never realized how much I cared about this show until now."
And that is so true, because until that last finale episode, I was just really "meh" about TCW for a while there. I'd still tune in EVERY EPISODE no matter what, and I love it dearly, but it didn't hit me until Ahsoka walked away from the Jedi Order that I HAVE GROWN UP WITH THIS SHOW. MY AWKWARD PRE-TEEN/TEENAGER STAGE HAS BEEN SPENT WATCHING AHSOKA GROW UP AND MATURE AS WELL AND I'VE LOOKED UP TO HER WITHOUT REALLY REALIZING IT AND SEEING HER RELATIONSHIP WITH ANAKIN JUST MADE ME HURT AND NOW
IT'S
FREAKING
OVER.
:'(
So now the question becomes, what now?
Lucasfilm promises a 'new show is in the works', but to be honest, I really am not too pleased with Lucasfilm/Disney right now. XD I wanted The Clone Wars to continue, at least FINISH the story. I'd be okay with the show ending, if it weren't so abrupt and out of the blue. :( Like, the CAST only had a week of notice before this was released to the public. How horrible is that?!
First Satine, now Ahsoka, and now the whole show. Clone Wars....you're breaking my heart!!!
Trying to be positive.......The Clone Wars cast and crew are some of the most amazing and awesome people EVER and I love them all. :) They've impacted MY LIFE so much, and I know they've impacted others as well. I'll really miss The Clone Wars...everything about it, and all the actors. I hope they'll still do events and things, because I really really really love them.
![]() |
| in which a tweet made me cry |
I really can't take too much more of this post. It's too final and making me so sad. XD I can't comprehend this....The Clone Wars is seriously my favorite TV show. I love Doctor Who, I love Warehouse 13, I love Sherlock, I love Legend of Korra, but The Clone Wars WAS MY FIRST. My first TV-show fandom, it was such a huge part of my life. It still is!
I'm glad to know that the show isn't COMPLETELY over. I hold hope that we'll get to see some promised arcs, and hopefully get to see where Ahsoka's story is finished. :)
I am just rambling now, and I really can't think when I'm this sad XD So you know what? Here, go listen to me talk about it. I was on the Tosche Station podcast last night, and I think I voiced everything decently on there. I talked about Ahsoka leaving, discussed theories, and more. :) I had fun talking with my friends Nanci and Brian, and I really loved talking about The Clone Wars. :D Let me know what you think, if you listened! ;)
That's all I've got guys. I'm out of emotional stability for the night. xDD If you want to be even more depressed (haha, not really) go read some of my fanfics. I wrote 3 TCW ones recently, and I'm enduring an extremely painful back and forth battle between my fangirl friends Pink and Shelby. (Thanks guys. This only hurts A WHOLE FREAKING LOT)
His Fault (first oneshot)
Thank You, Ahsoka (second oneshot...my favorite)
Anonymous (third oneshot....friendship feels all around!)
| i made a thing |
Enough, enough already! I'm done with these feels! xD
Very, very, depressed blogger....signing off.
Love,
Grace *hugs to the mourning TCW fans*






Nice post. I'm still mulling (or is that mauling) over my thoughts as well. We will have to find a way to honor the Clone Wars and all of the wonderful cast and crew. TCW still lives on in this house. Love mom
ReplyDeleteI love this post. I was pretty mad that they cancelled the show, but if things like 1313 and Underworld are confirmed, I think I'll be okay.
ReplyDeleteLOL, my family's reaction to the cancellation was polar opposite. I ran downstairs once I heard and shouted "Clone Wars is cancelled!!". All I got were a few grunts, if that. My dad said, "Sorry," but it was more sarcastic than not. Hah well. I tried to make them love it, but now it's too late...
Love this post my internet sister I have been meaning to write a post on all my feels too but havent gotten that far (maybe today) clone wars will always be in our lives though and now with reading your post and thinking and watching clone wars right now tears are stinging my eyes all over again *major hugs from one mournng fan to another* hang in there brighter days are coming hopefully. CLONE WARS FOREVER <3 LOTS OF LOVE
ReplyDeleteFEEEEELSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
ReplyDeleteThis was an amazing post. The Clone Wars is more than a TV show. It's helped me meet friends and be a better fangirl. It's our generations A New Hope. I love you Clone Wars. *Hunger Games Salute* But this isn't goodbye.