I am taking a break from my hectic, slightly unproductive NaNoWriMo writing experience...to write this lovely post for you all. ;)
My Holiday season has already begun. We are decorating, playing the music, singing the songs, watching the movies, and doing everything else in preparation for Christmas. :)
I am watching Elf right now. <3
My family has a lot of great traditions that I am excited for. They are all coming up so soon!!!!! :D I'm so happy!!!
On Wednesday, Nutmeg, Chibi and I are going to volunteer with a friend of my dad's, at his work, who is ironically called "Turkey Lips". ;) Mrs. Turkey Lips does an annual volunteer project where a bunch of us get together to decorate boxes for our city's Thanksgiving food drive. :) We tape on pictures and info pages, and then at the end of the day we count the total number of boxes. ;) Chibi, Nutmeg and I have been doing this for at least four or five years now. It's a tradition! :D
We also do the Christmas Gift Bags for the senior center with Mrs. Kim and deliver them with Mrs. Cindy (both co-workers/friends of my dad's). We're also going to do cards for the military this year, and 'Shop with A City Employee'. Shop with a City Employee is when we go to our local Wal-Mart, and Wal-Mart gives money for under privileged kids to shop for Christmas gifts. :) Then we have a little holiday party, with cake, juice, candy canes and other fun things. :)
I am very excited for these things!!! :D
By next week I'm sure our Christmas tree will be up. :)
My dad and I went Thanksgiving shopping yesterday, and I officially LOVE Thanksgiving. ;) We have traditions for that too. ;)
My dad takes the day before Thanksgiving off of work, so he can come home and cook. ;) We bake, cook, and bake some more into the early hours of the morning, while occasionally getting groceries that are needed from the stores, and watching Christmas shows on ABC Family's Countdown to 25 days of Christmas. ;)
On the day of Thanksgiving, we cook the Turkey and make the potatoes, and a bunch of other food too. We also clean and set the table, since we have around 9 people at our house for the holiday each year. ;) My great grandpa's friend Mr. Arnie has become one of the family and joins us for Thanksgiving. :D
My sister, mom, dad and I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while cooking/cleaning/getting ready for hosting the holiday, and then we watch the dog show afterwards. ;)
Before to long, one of us (by us I mean either my mom or dad) goes to pick up GGP (Great-Grand-Pa), and Arnie, and then my grandparents and Chibi arrive. ;) Chibi, Nutmeg and I hang out, talk with the adults and play games, and then get ready for dinner. ;) We say our prayers, each girl saying what they're thankful for, and we recite Bible verses too. ;)
We eat, we talk, we laugh, we celebrate, and I am so excited for it all. ;) Then, before the night is over, we give Chibi early birthday presents, while everyone is together, and take turns playing our respective instruments, playing Christmas carols and having an all around good time. ;)
*happy sigh* I can't wait! :D
Christmas is a whole 'nother set of Traditions for another post though......;) I'll give a three word preview: Cookies, Celebrating, Lights. ;)
Love you all, have a blessed Thanksgiving if I don't talk to y'all.....I'll be writing my life away with NaNoWriMo.....
In the mean time, you can find me on Twitter @FallonSkywalker, and I'll be around Gmail as well. ;)
*hugs*


don't remind me, i haven't even started my christmas shopping. love the pic above, lol. :)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I wish that we were decorating for Christmas. Buddy the Elf is rockin epic too.
ReplyDeleteI have started my Christmas planning!! XDXD Can't wait for it, Sarita's coming home from college. :)
ReplyDelete