......What?
Oh! You're confused by that last part of that sentence, aren't you? Well.....allow me to explain. But first....
My NaNoWriMo novel is going interesting.
![]() |
| A Really Bad piece of Cover-Art that I made in Paint. xD |
I'm excited about it, I've got a bajillion ideas going, but getting them onto paper (err...Word Document....) is SO HARD. I am determined to get to 10k by tonight. I've got a ton of candy, a mini DVD player, and a clean bedroom. ;)
Next part....allow me to fangirl over my new favorite movie......It's A Wonderful Life. I've watched this movie EVERY YEAR ever since I was born, essentially, but until now, I've never really paid attention to it! ;) Now though, I see how ADORABLE it is!!! How romantic, how family oriented, and just over all sweet and wholesome! ;)
![]() |
| LOVE. THIS. SCENE. |
![]() |
| And this one!!! |
![]() |
| Almost as much as I love this one. |
![]() |
| And of course this one. |
Okie Dokie. ;) Time for the X-Wing part of this post. ;) My mother is incredibly awesome. Seriously. She ROCKS!!! If we do school everyday like we did today, I would be the happiest girl on earth. ;)
Usually, the prospect of math makes me like this:
But today....thanks to my mother......
You see.....I was working on graphing. I have serious troubles with graphing....including somehow mixing up my coordinates and getting them from up and down like they belong to on the side, for some unknown reason. My mom has been trying (in vain) to get me to understand math. She would sit with me, read to me, do the problems with me, watch me do the problems, and even walk me step by step through the thing. But NOTHING worked. Somehow we kept ending up like that cat in the picture above, and then the little defeated face guy below. xDD
But today...that all changed. :) I had a /partially/ open mind to begin with, and then my mom made my world light up with epicness. ;)
She handed me my Star Wars atlas and looked at me (sitting in my dad's recliner in our school/family room) and said:
"Now, if you're on a mission for the New Republic, and you have to fly from Coruscant to Corellia on a supply run, what coordinate would you need to plot to make it there, soldier?"
My face was the equivalent of this:
She then treated me like a recruit for the famous Rogue Squadron, teaching me and helping me plot points on the galactic chart of the universe, with all our favorite planets. ;) I started crying more than once at how COOL it all was!!!!
My mom is SERIOUSLY Princess Leia. She talked JUST LIKE I imagine New Republic Leia to be, all stoic, brave, inspiring and epic at the same time. ;) She made me think, while teaching me math, and playing in 'my universe'. ;) I'll ace that test and become a pilot in no time!!!
That soooo made my day. xD I had a blast. ;) I watched It's A Wonderful Life for the 2nd time tonight, and now I'm listening to music, preparing to write about 5,000 words on my story. (yeah right, try 2,000 tops before I pass out, I'm EXHAUSTED). xD But hopefully I'll hit 15k by Wednesday, if everything goes according to my just-made-up schedule.....
Alright y'all, love you, write on, it's a wonderful life, and May the Force be with you all.
Future X-Wing Pilot, Fallon Sunstar.
P.S. NYAN CAT ROCKS!!!!
















You forgot to mention the Star Wars soundtrack playing in the background, complete with crescendos at just the right moments (totally a God thing). I also like how last night's church service, answered the question I asked you of which you had no answer. God is totally awesome and gets all of the credit. We are to listen and obey. I believe there is a reason, your family thinks (correction "knows") they are from a galaxy far far away.................
ReplyDeleteImagination and creativity are gifts from our creator. WE ARE the Rouge Squadron of life.
P.S. You just figured out now that our dog is named after George Bailey?
Aaah, that's such a good idea to learn math!
ReplyDeleteAHHH!! I LOVE It's A Wonderful Life too!! I watch it every year.
ReplyDelete*sigh* Your mom ROCKS!!! I remember when my mom would incorporate American Girl dolls into Math problems when I was younger. "Nellie has 1 jacket and Samantha has 2...." Yeah, it was awesome.
P.S. NyanNyanNyanNyan....LOL!
Haha, I know what you mean about a bajillion ideas for your NaNo novel. I'm the same way with my novels, haha! ;) Good luck making your word goals! :D Your novel sounds interesting, by the way. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd OHMIGOSH!!! "It's a Wonderful Life" is a yearly must-watch at my house!! I just love it, don't you?! My mom and aunts can quote, like, the whole movie; my sisters and I do pretty well with it too, haha. ;) LOVE IT!!!
And don't you just love homeschooling? Moms have the time to sit down with you and help you to understand things. Plus, they GET you, haha! ;) Glad you enjoying math so much! ;)
Best of luck with your NaNo Novel! I hate math :( But, those pictures are hilarious, especially of the cat! I wish my math teacher was that fun. :(
ReplyDeleteWell, good luck with math and your novel!
I love that movie too!
ReplyDeleteO.O
Oh. My. Goodness.
Now I so wish I had had the SW atlas when I was learning graphing. xD Your mom is awesome. =D
When I write I feel the same way, soo many ideas so little paper (or time to work on Word).
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was taught like that! I would then be an X-wing pilot! *thoughtful sigh*
LOL XD That was so funny!
ReplyDeleteYOUR MOM ROCKS! *high fives*
ReplyDeleteI actually like your cover art, it's really cute! I should work on something for my book...
I LOVE 'IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE'! THAT MOVIE IS SUPER AWESOME. We found wrapping paper with pics from the movie at Big Lots, too! By the way, the Lab I walk, his owner named him Clarence after Clarence the Angel. XD
Great post, I LOVED reading it! :)
~Jamie
Whoa what an incredibly epic math lesson! :D I am happy for you! Your mom doth rock!
ReplyDelete(*facepalm* nyan cat scares me.... =p)
Look like an AWESOME NaNoWriMo story though!!! I Actually love the Paint thing :D