Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Clone Wars: Mortis from a Fangirl's POV

:)  I couldn't get my Fangirl Blast post written in time.....so I will be putting that up soon....until then, enjoy this very sarcastic/crazy fangirl post I wrote a while back!  ;)  



The Mortis Trilogy in Star Wars: The Clone Wars never fails to make me want to fall on the floor, in a crumpled pile of fangirl-tears.  And not the good kind either...the depressed-the-world-is-going-to-end-over-my-fictional-obsessions kind of tears.  

You see….I remember watching The Mortis Trilogy on Cable Television when it first came out, which is now bordering on a year ago, and I remember being locked away in my parents bedroom watching the episodes on their small TV so I wouldn’t disturb my family with my freak-out-fangirl moments.

Now, something you should know about me is this.  I am emotional.  Books, fanfics, movies, TV shows and even some internet articles make me want to break down.  Whether it’s of tears of happiness or tears of sadness….I am often in a very emotional state.  Some might even say I’m crazy, but I beg to differ. 
Anyway….rewatching The Mortis trilogy did nothing to help my emotions, seeing all the drama, emotional torture and trauma that occurred to my favorite characters.  So much happened that I still can’t comprehend it sometimes! 

Soon after Mortis aired, I bought “Alter Of Mortis” on my iPod, so I could rewatch it whenever I wanted.  I seriously can quote the entire episode, and I love it.  That episode is my favorite one of the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars Saga, I believe.

Ghosts of Mortis is a killer.  Seriously.  TCW cast really pushed it with this episode….and it bordered being incredibly non-cannon.  But then again, with the way this episode ended…did Mortis really even happen?  It’s really confusing and honestly it could have all been just a dream!  We don’t really know.

The scene where Anakin learns his fate from the Son utterly destroys my emotional psyche.  Seriously, between the music, incredible animation, and just the SCENE ITSELF, I am a fangirl blob on the floor…..distraught and crying for my characters. 



Anakin Skywalker is one of my favorite characters…and fangirl-wise, he’s a HOTTIE!  Even TCW Ani is cute….he’s very well animated. ;)

Ahsoka has been and probably always will be one of my favorite characters, she’s a GIRL and she kicks BUTT!

Obi-Wan is a flipping legend and he’s….well, he’s OBI-WAN!  I kinda feel bad for Obi in these episodes….he doesn’t do much except watch his former Padawan flip out turn to the dark side, cry and more, and watch his Padawan’s Padawan turn to the dark side and then die.  Seriously.  He’s pretty much an innocent bystander in all of this, not really doing much. 

Anakin’s learn-all moment in Ghosts of Mortis kills me.  It’s awful!  I hate to see him break down like that, and then FALL FOR IT DARN IT!  I am soooo writing a fanfiction story where Anakin realizes what he could become, and then FIXES IT INSTEAD OF GOING DARK SIDE PREMATURELY!!!! GOSH DARNIT WHY TCW? WHY?

Okay, excuse my mini-rant there…..

Let’s focus on Ahsoka for a minute.  Ahsoka gets put under some messy Dark Side spell, and dies.  SHE DIES!  And then magically comes back to life!  “Alter of Mortis” is my favorite episode for these reasons:

A.    The action!  It’s incredible!  Anakin VS Ahsoka?!?!!  YES!!!
B.    The DRAMA! OH MY GOSH THE DRAMA!  Anakin cries, Ahsoka dies, and Obi-Wan stands out of the way! (put that in the tune of Jingle Bells and we’ve got a new classic folks!)
C.    The music!  Oh wow….just listen to the song that plays when Anakin and Ahsoka are dueling it out….it’s EPIC!!!!  I am dying to have a TCW TV Show soundtrack.

Now for Anakin.  These episodes are very focused on Anakin.  He GOES TO THE FREAKING DARK SIDE!!!!  Poor Ani….

Anakin’s emotion is incredible in these episodes.  He cries many times (something that I apparently like in my fictional men…?) and he goes through personal tragedy with his mother, Ahsoka, and then his future.  It’s just amazing!

Another really cool thing about Mortis was the ‘cameos’ with the other characters….Shmi Skywalker made an appearance, Qui-Gon made two appearances, and Adult Ahsoka even came into the picture!!!!!  It was really cool guys, you have to admit that!  I loved seeing Adult Ahsoka best out of all those ‘cameos’.  She was beautiful and really haunting almost!!! (Which is kinda ironic, seeing the other two were…uh…ghosts.)
Other ‘appearances’ that were made in the Mortis trilogy happened in Ghosts of Mortis, when Anakin sees visions of what is to come.  He sees Emperor Palpatine, The Death Star, Alderaan exploding, a youngling, Padme being Force-Choked, and even Obi-Wan’s “You were my brother Anakin!”.  I seriously cannot watch that scene without sobbing.  I can’t even think about it without tearing up!!!!!  It’s just so incredibly intense! 






Anakin’s shocked “I will do such terrible things.” After seeing his fate is just torture for an overly-emotional fangirl like myself.  The scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mustfar…..Oh you know, this one:


Obi-Wan: Don’t try it Anakin, I have the upper hand.
Anakin: *force leap*
Obi-Wan:  *slicey-slicey*
Anakin:  AHAHAHHHOAGHLAKHOAJLAAHAHA *strangled cries, rolls downhill into pit of fire*
Obi-Wan:  You were the Chosen One!!!!  You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them!!!  To bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness!!!!!!  You were my brother Anakin…..I love you.
Anakin:  I HATE YOU.
Me:  *blubbering mess of tissues, messed up hair and tears*

That scene.  Well, the Clone Wars mini-version of it is NO BETTER.  And when the mist forms Darth Vader’s helmet behind Anakin, with the powerful Imperial March theme playing….*shudders* I get chills just thinking about it!!!!


I hope this clears up some stuff on the Mortis Trilogy for you all…and how I reacted to it.  Then again, you might just all think I’m weird.  O.O

Okay, thanks for reading!






5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Mortis but, this post is epic. I love your ranty fangirlyness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree! I wouldn't go so far as to say I squeal and weep while watching it ;P But it's definitely one of my favorite story arcs! I really hope we get more emotional and epic arcs like this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post captures my feelings PERFECTLY! Oh, and I love the new cursor XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. awsome post i agree the morits trilogy is definitly one of my faves

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.O

    ..........

    I get it. I get it!!

    Mortis is epic. So SO so epic. I didn't cry, just gasped. :D

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!