Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No Perfect People Allowed

Perfectionists.  That's the topic for the day, folks.

One of my best friends in the galaxy is a huge perfectionist.  I used to be one too, until I grew out of it....in a way.

Actually...I didn't grow out of being a perfectionist, I just realized that there is no such thing as perfect.  The thing that really got me to believe that was my church.  They have a slogan, and it says "No Perfect People Allowed" (hence the name for this post).  For a long time I strived to be as perfect as physically possible.  I wanted to be perfect for my mom and dad, for my teachers, for my friends and everyone, except myself and God.  I have to admit that when I was younger, I wasn't a strong Christian.  I knew that Jesus loved me, and what Easter Sunday meant, but that personal relationship that I have now was not there.  Now I know that I live for HIM and HIM alone, and that HE is perfect, so I don't have to be.  :)


So this post goes out to all of those who are battling with perfection.  Guess what?  It only exists in ONE person, and it's not you.  It's not me, it's not that girl at school who has perfect hair, perfect makeup, perfect body, it's not the guy at your co-op with the perfect smile, perfect laugh and perfect eyes....
It's Jesus.  Jesus and Jesus alone is the ONLY perfect person to EVER walk the planet.  No one but Him will be perfect, so STOP TRYING.


Now, I must clarify.  I said stop trying....but I mean only to stop trying PERFECT.  Because everyone needs to try their absolute BEST at EVERYTHING they do.  We are to Glorify the Lord through our work, and he deserves nothing but the best!!!  Again, though he wants the best, he wants OUR best, not a generic PERFECT or socially-suggested CORRECT.  God wants our hearts, which are perfect in his eyes.  <3

So to my perfectionist friends, stop focusing on being or writing or making the perfect thing.  Jesus doesn't care if you look perfect, or write perfect stories, or do perfect drawings.  He just wants you to use the gifts He gave you to your full potential.  As long as you do that, you are perfect in his eyes.

Do what you love, and love what you do, and just be yourself.  You don't have anything to prove, except to Jesus Christ, who already knows it all anyway.  ;)

Go out and do your best in EVERYTHING my friends!!!  And remember, no perfect people are allowed. ;)

11 comments:

  1. "stop focusing on being or writing or making the perfect thing."

    THANK YOU. I always need that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you. I love you. You have more common sense and wisdom in your pinky finger than I ever did at your age. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *slow clap*

    I love these "inspirational" sort of posts. Keep them up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Good post, Fally!

    PS. I just noticed your "I'm an Admin!" text under the TLF badge XD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your posts girly. You are sbsolutly right, we are not perfect so no sense in pretending we are or sturggling to be perfect, our best is more than enough, God loves us anyway and he knows we are not perfect. Fantastic Post. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that you are not afraid to share your love of Jesus Christ with your friends and followers. It is a beautiful thing and I know your father in heaven is smiling down on you just like your father here on earth (me). Being perfect isn't possible - like you said God already has that covered. Being your best and working hard to glorify God is where it's at. Thank you for sharing some good news with all the people in our universe who are trying to be perfect or please someone else (I'm sure they are breathing a collective sigh of relief). You rock #1 daughter - I love you like crazy cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not perfect. So I guess I'm allowed in! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I think people get too worried about being PERFECT. It's okay to be fallable! And I mean for writers, you can think of it in terms like this: Is your most loved character a perfect person? Probably not! Would you love the character any more if they where more flawless? Probably not! Imperfection CAN at times be... almost enriching in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make your daddy proud. You are speaking from the heart and sharing truth with others - such a wonderful gift. Your testimony shows your have a strong faith and deeper understanding about lasting relationships. I know God has greater things in store for you and he's already found the perfect dance partner who will share his heart/life with you for always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! :) I don't entirely agree with everything you said... what about the command of Christ Himself: "Be ye therefore perfect, as your Heavenly Father is perfect"? That's a Bible quote...I don't know where it is, but I think it's somewhere in Matthew.

    But I think what you're driving at is: Today's definition of "perfect" isn't perfect. Don't be that perfect. Don't stive for the popular girl, the pretty girl, the "perfect" girl. That is not perfection. Do your best, and do all for God. That's the "Little Way," and that little way has produced at least one person who without a doubt is in heaven. (St. Therese of Liseaux, also known as St. Therese of the Child Jesus) And once you're in Heaven, you are perfect, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.

    We can't reach perfection by ourselves. There's no way to do that. We must, MUST rely on God, and throw ourselves at His feet and His infinite mercy. But He can't help us, fix us, if we don't do our part.

    That is, we must strive to be perfect. As our Heavenly Father is perfect. Not worldly perfection but Christian perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!