I'm going to find Neverland.
Don't laugh, I will, and when I do, I'll kidnap Ley and drag her there with me. XD I already promised that on Lakehouse. Who's with me? *crickets, crickets* Really? No one? Well then, I'll give you reasons why I NEED to find Neverland. Or at least, really want to. :P
First of all, there's this song:
*starts to sob* I went hysterical over that song......Eh, that's a TOTALLY different story though. XD
Then there's this song:
What? It's a happy song? Well, yeah, I know, but you see, I've got MEMORIES from that song!!!!!! Happy memories, but still, they make me cry!!!!!
I've discovered that I am old. I'm the oldest kid of my family (at least my really close family) and I feel old. Like after your birthday and people will ask you if you feel any older, well, my half birthday was last month, and I FEEL OLD!!!!!!!!!!
I cleaned my room. Big mistake. I tore apart my bookshelf and went under my bed, and re-did my doll things, all while listening to Owl City. *headdesk* I shouldn't have done that.
I found books, journals, magazines, CDs, dolls, doll outfits and accessories, and SO much more that made me want to curl up and cry. This is why I need Neverland.
I was reminiscing about all the doll games I played with my dear cousin and sister, and it made me realize that.....I'm growing up. I'm going into high school next year, and I won't have time to be just a kid any more. I'm NOT a kid anymore. I'm a teenager, who is really bad at managing her time, who is trying to get good at the viola, teach herself and take on more responsibility with homeschooling. I miss playing with Chibi and Nutmeg......maybe we'll play another game this summer. XD
Like the Emma and Matt game.
One word to describe that /series/ of games: DRAMA. (or long)
Like, 100% drama. XDD If it were on fanfic, the genre would be Drama/Angst. XD Seriously.
I'm going to make myself feel better and have part of this post be on the Emma and Matt games. ;) I'll give y'all a run down of the events for the most part, even though you probably don't care. xDD
So, it started with twin sisters Emma and Emily. Emma and Emily lived with a bunch of other friends/sisters. They were orphans. Kirsten, Molly, Samantha, and Elizabeth were the other sisters. The villain of the beginning of the story was an old lady who used to own the orphanage the girls escaped from. The lady is offering a reward for the girls event though it's been several years. XD So she hunts them down, and somehow (i kinda forget now, this started probably four or five years ago) Emma and Emily left home and went into hiding. Emily's character (Chibi's character) was fairly hilarious. Emma (my character) was more practical. They both ran away from home with nothing but a bag of clothes and food, their dogs, and some essential items for their jobs. I think when we started this game, the girls were about 17......but I can't remember exactly. Even though they were old, Emily's personality (even years later) was that of a spunky 13+ year old girl. xDD She was awesome. We STILL laugh hysterically over Emily's antics.
Anywho, back to the story. ;) Emma and Emily went into hiding in the woods in the nature preserve at the edge of the town they lived in. (this is fairly modern day btw). The girls slept in tents (we had actual doll tents) and they got supplies from trips to town. Emily wrote (on her typewriter, no computers) for the town's newspaper, and Emma worked at the city gym, teaching different classes. She was also a dancer. Emma had a boyfriend. (even when I was young I liked romance!!! XD) Emma's boyfriend was Matt. (there were no boy American Girl dolls, so we just pretended that Matt was there talking to them. I did Matt's voice. It was actually very funny. :P) Emma and Matt went on dates and everything, and eventually he found out about Emily and Emma's living conditions and built them a cabin. He helped buy them food and got their clothes washed and everything. He was an ideal boyfriend in a ten year old's eyes. XDD
A bunch of other things happened, and Emma and Matt got married. :) Emily was all for it, Matt brought the food. :P
Now for the more hilarious parts. :P Whenever I did Matt's voice (I was like, ten, doing a grown man's voice wasn't easy for me!) I would often forget to make it lower sounding. xD So Chibi and I have this running gag where we'd go "hey dollface," in a high squeaky-ish voice, and then say "ooh, let me get my big voice on...eh-ah-ooh...Ooh!!" in a deeper voice. XDDD It was SO funny. We still laugh about it. :P Other running gags were when Matt and Emma kissed, (another thing a ten year old didn't really know how to do or sound out) we'd go, "Mmmmhhhhhhmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhh" over and over until we fell over laughing so hard. :P It was really, REALLY funny. :P LOL!!
Then there was Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly (Nutmeg's dolls) who were funny too. Crazy things happened to them on a side story. :P Molly's glasses were always breaking, Kirsten ate ho-hos to help with the grief of her sisters running away, and they'd send letters to Emma and Emily on the 'magic wind' which would somehow end up RIGHT in front of their door!!!!! AMAZING! XDDDDD I'm laughing so hard just thinking about it!!!! :P
Anyway, so concludes the first summer of Matt and Emma. These games lasted probably three summers in a row. Maybe even four! LOL! (well, not four because I didn't do one last summer. :P) Anyway, it was quite fun, and now we have tons of inside jokes about Matt and Emma. And Emily. :P I'll do Part Two of Emma and Emily and Matt's story later. xD
Okay! That was fun! :P Other games included the ultra long Barbie games, the Bitty Baby (also a branch of American Girl) games, the Littlest Pet Shop games, the My Little Pony games (seriously, my sister LOVES these things. I hate them, but we played with her so my mother wouldn't get angry for not playing with Nutmeg) and the all important Moxie Girlz games. I actually still love Moxie Girlz. They're like Barbies but a little different. :P I have.......five. One boy and four girls. (don't laugh) We (Nutmeg, Chibi and I) have played several games with them. The first and longest and probably the best game was played two summers ago (wow, time flies!!! XD) It was a game where my doll, (Becca) was a mermaid, Chibi's doll (Misty) was an elf, and my sister's doll (Sophina) was a fairy/genie. They went to this magical academy thing where they trained to be Wizards and their other skills (fairy/genie, elf and mermaid). It was quite fun......and I wrote everything down in a notebook to remember for later. I'm praising the Lord for that now, because I'm turning that game into a story. :P Who knows? Maybe Emma and Matt will be a bestselling story someday too!!!! xD That'd be so hilarious.
I have other things from my childhood that made me cry too......like Booger.
Booger is a tiny, 2 inch long green eraser shaped like an alligator. Chibi and I had two of them, hers a little rubber lizard and mine a little rubber alligator. Mine was Booger, hers was Snotrocket. :P When we were younger, we used to carry them with us EVERYWHERE. We have this running gag (surprise, surprise, another running gag......we have a lot of them. :P) I'd say "Down Booger!!" in a deep (ish) voice, and then the other person pretty much obeyed your command. :P Sometimes, one of us will randomly say, "DOWN BOOGER!!!" and then the other person will fall over and obey. XDD Just force of habit now I guess. I recently found Booger in a box under my bed. I remembered everything we used to play and felt tears.......coming.......dripping.........so I called Chibi and told her how much I miss our games and that I feel old. She made me feel so good! Here's what she said: "Awww!!!! Well, I know one thing that will make you feel better!! No matter HOW old we get, you'll ALWAYS be one year older than me!!!!! Making me feel young!" xD Gee thanks Chibi......you make me feel so wonderful. (sarcasm, sarcasm)
So.....*sniff* I'm old, I feel really old, but I'll just relive all these crazy things through here. :P
Plus, no matter HOW OLD I get, I won't be that old, because silly and crazy things happen ALL THE TIME!!!! Just like last week. We were swimming in the pool, and Chibi and I decided to go to the 'deep end' (vs. the shallow end) and there was a little tiny part covered in shadow. I said, "Come to the Dark Side!" and Chibi played along! So we went to the Dark Side, and we were being such dorks fighting over the shadowed part. I said to my sister, "Rule of two!!! No More, No Less!!! Sorry, you can't come to the Dark Side!!!" It was so funny. The sun was creeping closer to our Dark Side, and I looked at Chibi and calmly said, "I might have to kill you. There is not enough room for the both of us here." So we wrestled and tried to 'drown' each other while swimming in the dark side of the pool. XD Running gag from that: "Come the the Dark Side, we have Orchids!!!"
Those were the Orchids from the Dark Side. When you say Dark Side, you got to draw out your A sound to make it sound official. xDDD LOL!!
So......I guess we never really grow up, since that happened last week. Still, Neverland would come in handy!!!!
:) Thanks so much to my new followers!!!!!! I'm going to win this war yet! xDD Just kidding. ;)
God Bless and Lots of Love!!!!
(sorry for going on and on and on and on.......I felt the need to post about this. I got quite a giggle out of it! xD)
Love,

*cough* Jedi~Chick, is it that time of the month?
ReplyDeleteKidding! But I get like that when it is. xD
I remember, I remember, I remember (yes, it was necessary to repeat that) when I was like 9 and 10 and 11, me and my neighbors would play this game called Winx Club. It was based off of this show called..well Winx Club. It was about fairies and we each had powers and costumes (we were winx club characters for Halloween one year) and we played it every day. I was Bloom, if that means anything to anyone. xD
I luuuuuv that Taylor Swift song!! I can sing the whole song to you, but i'll just sing part of it, 'cause i need to do more skool in a few minutes:
ReplyDeleteYour little hands rapped round my finger, it's so quiet in the wold tonight.
Your little eyelids flutter, 'cause you're dreamin' so i tuck you in turn on your favorite ight light.
To you, everythings funny, you got nothin' to regret, i'd give all i had honey, if you could stay like that.
Oh, darlin' don't you ever grow up. Don't you ever grow, just stay this little. Oh, darlin' don't you ever grow, never grow up, just stay this simple.
Don't let nobody hurt you, don't let no one brake your heart. And even though you want to, just try to never grow up.
Yeah, and that was even without listening to the song just then!
You made me cry......... I am also having "my moments" knowing that you are growing up soooooo fast and starting high-school soon. I remember all those summers when you all would just play and play and play. Imagination is wonderful. You have grown into a wonderful young lady, true to herself and true to your savior. Sometimes it takes stepping back from it all, (or cleaning out from under your bed) to see all the blessings, talents, and gifts we have had the incredible opportunity to experience. Keep on being true to yourself, I love you, Mom ( or is it still Mommy?)
ReplyDeleteWhoops...I was typing a comment and pushed a wrong button and lost it...I don't know if it posted or not but I'll type it again and bear with me if it did post.
ReplyDeleteCoincidence that I have been thinking the same thing about feeling old the past few days? And when you have little siblings growing up faster then you can blink it really makes you feel old! Only *cough*, Qui, it is that time of month for me. :D
I have a friend who is so courageous about growing up and letting go of childhood. Dependence on God is the only way I will ever be that brave about it.
Btw, Jedi~Chick, thank's for all your sweet comments on my blog. They really are an encouragement to me. :)
Love,
Näna
I feel like I am getting old too...I packed up my American Girl dolls the other day
ReplyDeleteOh, GAAAAAHHHH!!!! *thumps head on desk* WHY did you put that Taylor Swift song in the post?? Did you WANT me to sob and bawl and cry and wail????? *shakes head* Good grief, I should NEVER listen to Taylor Swift. Never. My tear gland-thingys would overwork themselves and combust or something.
ReplyDelete:P
All the same, thanks for sharing ;) It was a good 4 minutes and 56 seconds.
(*reaches for tissue.....*
BECCA!!! LOL XD Mermaid stories... ahhh :)
ReplyDeleteI don't want to grow up either! I remember me and my sister would spend hours and hours playing with Barbies. There was this one Barbie that we got from the dollar store (cheap..) and we always made it the evil villian. It was so cheap that when we wanted to, we could make her head pop off her body! LOL :P and then we would put it back on! LOL ...I now see that I had a messed up childhood! LOL, jk! :D
And I love the Taylor Swift song Never Grow Up! I cry whenever I hear that song! XD
Nice post!! :D
-Rachel (Queen Karina)
Sometimes reflecting like a good Hallmark card is exactly what we need to experience a beautiful exchange. You have every right to fondly look back at your playful days of dolls and games - but realize you never lose those great times - you actually carry them with you. You will also be creating some new memories along the way and having mega loads of fun. I am glad you don't neglect your emotions - always be true to who you are and own your feelings. If you do - we won't have to worry about you going to the dark side. Your typing skills continue to expand with each post but it's o.k. to take a break from time to time (cause Daddy ain't paying for carpel tunnel surgery). P.S. Thanks for cleaning your room it was like an early Father's day present - keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteThe never-ending Barbie games.......they would go on for WEEKS! We would have so much fun.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like just yesterday, but I'm about to go to my first dance in a couple of days. It seems like just yesterday that my parents were putting me to sleep, but I'm about to live on my own in a few years. *gulp* It was just yesterday I was learning how to write my letters but now I'm writing books.
I'm old.
Barbie Barbie Barbie Barbie. It seriously was my LIFE. It's still a huge part of me. Me and Winter created an entire Barbie world that I still remember to this day. It was all centered around Princess & the Pauper and their cousins/friends/family ect. That movie means the world to me. =)
ReplyDelete-Ley <3
I would go to neverland with y'all. I don't want to grow up either.
ReplyDeleteI love that Taylor Swift song! I remember when I first got the CD Speak Now, my dad got it for me and he gave it to me when I came home from school. My mom and I went out to run errands, so we decided to listen to the CD. There was a note inside the case from my dad that said "Listen to song nubmer 8". By the time the song was over, my mom and I were bawling! So now that song always makes me think of my dad.
I guess it's kind of wierd that I feel old, because I'm the youngest person everywhere I go. I have a little brother, though, so he manages to make me feel old ;) My cousin says that people are officially old if they wish they could go back and relive 2nd grade. That's pretty much true for me, so I suppose I am old.