Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mega Movie Post

Okay, I just came back from a short weekend vacation. ;)  As we often do when vacationing together, my lovely (birthday girl!!!!!!) cousin, Chibi, and I watched movies!

We saw.....
Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and The Last Crusade
Star Wars Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope
The Muppets
A Very Potter Musical (not exactly a movie, but we watched the majority of the first show...XD)
and
How To Train your Dragon: Gift of the Night Fury

I'll quickly review them for you all....;)  Because I love movies and had a ton of fun watching them!

~~~~

I will review The Last Crusade first, because I liked it INFINITELY better.  XD


Stars:  8/10 stars
Liked:  It was a good movie!  It had good scenes, funny dialogue, and it showed Indy's relationship with his dad.  I loved the history of the Holy Grail, and everything that happened in the climax/ending.
Disliked:  The girl.  I don't even remember her name, honestly.  XD  There were also a few /slower/ parts, that I had already seen the first time I watched this movie and didn't feel like seeing again.  XD
Favorite Scene: Like I said, the ending.  I loved how Indy really loved his dad and was willing to risk his own life to save his father's.  :)  DRAMA!!!! ;)
Overall Thoughts:  Great movie!!!!  Family friendly for the most part, and full of action!!!  My second favorite Indy film.  :)

~~~~

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:

Stars: 3/10
Liked: The music....a /few/ quotes.....some of the action....that's it....
Disliked:  The whole movie.  XD  I did NOT like this movie AT ALL.  I hated the scene with all the ants (I HAD NIGHTMARES.  I have a bad fear of bugs...) and I didn't like that Indy *SPOILER* married *END SPOILER* Marion.  She's not my favorite character AT ALL.  XD  I have seen the light of Willie Scott, LOL :P.....don't be offended anyone, I am just voicing my opinion.  I also hated that the answer/reason of the Crystal Skull was ALIENS.  HOW STUPID.  :P  Also, Indy and Marion were both SO OLD.
Favorite Scene:  I didn't really have one.  I hated the whole thing.  XD
Overall Thoughts:  Don't waste your time folks.....the original Indy films were MUCH better....

~~~~

Star Wars Episode II:  Attack Of The Clones: 
Stars: 8/10
Liked:  I love all the Star Wars movies!  This one isn't my favorite, but I do like it well enough. :)  I love Anakin and Padme (though I realize after watching this movie again that they aren't my favorite couple), and Obi-Wan is EPIC.  There are a ton of great quotes from this movie, and plenty of action as well!!!
Disliked:  Anakin is kinda annoying in this movie.  He's whiny and honestly he's pretty bratty.  He complains about Obi-Wan too much, and is a bit angry...XD  I also don't like Jango Fett....because in my eyes he's not half as epic as he's made out to be.  :P
Favorite Scene:  Anakin and Padme's wedding......<3  

Overall Thoughts:  Great movie....especially if you're a romancey person. ;)  Great action, and fun quotes.  Not my favorite Star Wars film, but still exceptional. 







Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Stars: 9/10
Liked:  Oh man, about all the movie!  It's super duper depressing, but it's amazing.  The story line is epic, the characters are amazing, and the quotes and music are at their best.  
Disliked:  Everything from where Anakin turns to the Dark Side onward.  XD  LOL not really.  Other than the fact it makes me bawl....I love this movie.  :)
Favorite Scene:  I love the scene where Padme tells Anakin about her pregnancy, and as much as it breaks my heart, the scene with Obi-Wan and Anakin's battle on Mustafar!
Overall Thoughts:  The Star Wars saga at it's best.  I love this movie so much!!!!  But not as much as the Original Trilogy!  It's a depressing, tragic film, but definitely one of the most AMAZING movies EVER.  







Star Wars Episode IV:  A New Hope
Stars:  10/10
Liked:  What's not to like?  This movie is all around AMAZING.  I love everything about it, it's truly the beginning of a Saga.  What do I like....hummm....LUKE SKYWALKER. <3  X-WINGS. <3
Disliked:  How whiny they make Luke out to be......
Favorite Scene:  The Battle of Yavin....the Death Star scenes with Han and Leia.....The Throne Room scene. ;)
Overall Thoughts:  EVERYONE ON EARTH SHOULD SEE THIS MOVIE IT IS AMAZING.  How can you NOT like this?






LOL!

~~~~

How To Train Your Dragon: Gift of the Night Fury:
Stars:  10/10
Liked:  Well, it /was/ a short show, but it was AWESOME.  SO SWEET and SO CUTE and SO PERFECT.  It was just in time for the holidays, and REALLY REALLY CUTE!  :D  Hiccup and Astrid were flipping ADORABLE, and Toothless makes me wanna sob with adorableness.  I LOVED every second of this...I wish it were longer!
Disliked:  NOTHING.  NOTHING.  It was so cute, there was nothing to dislike!!!!  It was practically fanfiction come to life!!!!!!!!!!
Favorite Scene:  Either the scene where Astrid and Hiccup are talking with each other when Hiccup's building Toothless's tail.....or towards the end with Astrid and Hiccup again. :)  And the scenes with Hiccup and Toothless because I am dying to have a real life Toothless because he is SO SWEET. <333
Overall Thoughts:  YOU. THERE.  GO WATCH THIS NOW.  HERE I'LL EVEN GIVE YOU THE VIDEO I WATCHED ON YOUTUBE.







~~~~


A Very Potter Musical: (I know this isn't a movie, but I'll review it anyway)
Stars:  9/10
Liked: The comedy.  Heck, that was HYSTERICAL!!!!  I haven't laughed so hard in a LONG TIME.  The music was GREAT, the choreography good, and it was just SO FUNNY!!!!!!!  I want to see this one on Broadway someday! ;)
Disliked:  The language.  :/  That was the only bad thing.  I filtered out most of the language mentally, but it's definitely not appropriate for younger kids.  Some of the words aren't appropriate at all but in some scenes, that's what makes it so hilarious!  :P
Favorite Scene (and/or song):  I love the opening song best, (Goin' Back To Hogwarts) and my favorite scene is anything with Draco in it.  Even though he's played by a girl, Draco is the most hilarious character I have EVER seen.  ;)
Overall Thoughts: I do not like Harry Potter.  I never really have.  But now......I at least like A Very Potter Musical.  Okay...I LOVE A Very Potter Musical.  I'm not saying that I'll read the books or anything, but this funny spoof of it made me very happy.  ;)  I thought it was flippin' hilarious, and I'd recommend it to people not effected or offended by strong language.  ;)






~~~~

The Muppets:
Stars:  10/10
Liked: EVERYTHING.  AHH EVERYTHING.  I am a huge Muppets fan....die-hard fan actually.  I grew up with The Muppet Show...so this movie made me CRY.  Chibi and I have been Muppet Lovers for as long as I can remember....I can remember sitting in our room and watching hours of The Muppet Show, laughing hysterically over it.  I think we're the only kids EVER who watched the Muppets and who actually cared about the old show.  ;)  All the nostalgia of this movie had me crying fifteen minutes in.  I could relate to Walter...the Muppets were my heroes.  (though sadly, I do not have Kermit on my watch) LOL ;)
Disliked:  Some of the guest star cameos....not only because I didn't know who they were but I didn't like the actors!  XD  Haha!  :P
Favorite Scene (and/or song): I love all the songs....I had "We Built This City" in my head all night that night.  XD  "The Rainbow Connection" made me cry and "Man or Muppet" made me laugh hysterically...but then sing along.  ;)  Also, my favorite Muppet song is the remake of "Moving Right Along" because it is SO CATCHY.  :)
Overall Thoughts:  Any Muppet fan should go see this movie.  It's super sweet, downright hysterical, and a great family film.  It touched my heart...I loved every second of it.  I was crying at several parts.  ;)  I hope this movie goes #1.  ;)

mahnamahna! *do do doo do*

The Electric Mayhem

The Muppet Show poster....<3




~~~~

So concludes my little Movie post.....I hope you enjoyed it!!!  I have been falling behind on Blogging lately, thanks to NaNoWriMo.........which I am very, very, VERY close to finishing!!!!!!
Other exciting news....I have a few good ideas for blog posts that I shall work on very soon.....and I am going to get back to my fanfics soon too!!!!!  I plan on updating/writing more of:
Celestial Eclipse,
Like Master, Like Padawan,
Ahsoka's Visions,
Life With The Skywalkers,
And a few one-shots...(including ones for Reaching For The Stars, Rexsoka (DO NOT YELL AT ME) and Luke and Mara!)

<3 <3 Thanks for reading! <3 <3

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!! I'm dying to see the Muppets movie!! Temple of Doom FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews. :) I agree about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull after watching in the theaters I was thinking Darth Vader quote: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" How could Lucas and Spielberg do this! Aliens! Why does it have to be aliens! But I loved all of the other Indiana Jones movies especially the first one. I also agree about Ep. IV its my all time favorite other than Ep. V. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE GIFT OF THE NIGHT FURY! IT WAS SO ADORABLE! AND PERFECT! AND AMAZING! WITH A TON OF DRAGONS! AND HICCUP ISN'T BEING HATED ANY MORE! IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!!

    XD

    Good post, girly! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome reviews. love star wars. can't wait to see muppets myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savanna: YES TEMPLE OF DOOM FOR THE WIN!!! You'll love the Muppets. ;)

    J&J: Haha thank you!!! YES! That was what I thought when I saw it on TV. I was like "NOOOOO WHAT ARE THEY DOING????" :P Bad movie, IMHO. XD Yeah! Ep. IV is a classic! And Ep. V is my all time favorite too. ;)

    Jamie: YES!!!! ANOTHER HTTYD FAN!!!!!!! AHH!!!!! *hugs* YES YES YES!!! It was SOOOOO SWEET!!!!!! :D I LOVED IT AND I LOVED THE BABY DRAGONS AND I LOVE HICCUP!!!! LOL!!! Thanks girlfriend, I love your comments!!

    Thanks for the comments guys! :D

    JC/Fal <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. REXSOKA?! *tries not to yell at JC*

    LOL joking ;)

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!