Music can tell a story....or bring you back to a certain time and place. I'm going to share a few songs that once I hear them, take me to different times and places. ;)
The first song is very significant. As soon as this song comes on my iPod or the radio or whatever, I am automatically in my grandparent's vacation home, a few summers back, playing Moxie Girlz with my cousin and sister. We wrote journals for our dolls, made outfits, books, and accessories. :) The Owl City soundtrack "Ocean Eyes" was our game soundtrack that year.
Now this song brings me back to several summers ago....when we had our American Girl doll epics. That was fantastic, and this CD was played on repeat almost the entire time. ;)
This song was our theme song for a trip we took last year, to Sanibel Island. GOODNESS I want to go back so bad it HURTS. I can't even listen to the whole song. XD
(also this video is the most epic thing I have ever seen....especially since my latest obsession is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.) :D
Hah, this one is funny. Every time I hear this song I think of Amaranthine, and her nagging at me to finish up the Lakehouse Forum newsletter while I was on vacation. I listened to this song on repeat the entire time finishing that darn thing (because she sent me the link!). XDD
This song is not only adorable and funny, it brings back memories of how Ember and I started the idea to create a Movie Review blog, which will be starting up soon, once she goes on Spring Break. ;) We were the oldest (not adults) people in the theater to see Winnie the Pooh, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. xD
This next song actually brings back bad memories....XD When i was in the 5th grade, my class took a field trip to this REALLY REALLY REALLY epic place called "Pathfinders". It was AMAZING. I'll never forget it. One thing I definitely won't forget is how horribly carsick I got on the way there. XDD I was miserable. Luckily, my dad was one of the parent chaperons, and I had a few nice friends who stuck with me when I was so sick, but I remember vividly being really really ill. And then the bus played a scary movie (for all the boys, LOL) and when I was only 11 or 12 (however old I was...I don't really remember) and with my really wimpy scare-factor, this freaked me out. My dad had given me my iPod to listen to while I tried not to be sick again and not watch the scary movie that was going to make me cry. This was that song, and I really still can't listen to it without getting that cringing "I-don't-like-this-feeling" feeling in the pit of my stomach. XD
Happier song/memory now....xD This reminds me of playing volleyball with my sister and cousin at the vacation house. We'd listen to one of our iPods (my cousin's at the time if I am correct) and we'd just sing the songs over and over and over. This was our favorite that day. :)
(yes another Taylor Swift...XD)
Last one for this post......this song makes me think about our trip to Sarasota, where I got to meet the amazing Timothy Zahn!!! :D We drove around going to all the tourist-y spots and stuff while there, and I listened to this song on repeat in the car. ;)
This might become a series of posts, when I find more songs....;) Hope you enjoyed hearing a few memories!!! Better posts to come soon, I promise!! :D
Happier song/memory now....xD This reminds me of playing volleyball with my sister and cousin at the vacation house. We'd listen to one of our iPods (my cousin's at the time if I am correct) and we'd just sing the songs over and over and over. This was our favorite that day. :)
(yes another Taylor Swift...XD)
Last one for this post......this song makes me think about our trip to Sarasota, where I got to meet the amazing Timothy Zahn!!! :D We drove around going to all the tourist-y spots and stuff while there, and I listened to this song on repeat in the car. ;)
This might become a series of posts, when I find more songs....;) Hope you enjoyed hearing a few memories!!! Better posts to come soon, I promise!! :D

Aaah, I love it when songs get certain memories and nostalgia attached to them... though it's not so great when a song makes you thing about being sick. ;P
ReplyDeleteOoh! How fun! I really like this idea! Good good good post! XDDD
ReplyDeleteAwww, this is a good idea! It's really amazing how songs can take us back. I'll have to do this post idea sometime, if you don't mind. :D
ReplyDelete~Jamie
I am sad after reading your post.You girls are all getting so big it makes me sad.I long for the days when you were all small and putting on your talent shows :-( .
ReplyDeleteHey, you might want to check out my blogs latest post...you might find you won something. ;-)
ReplyDelete@Autumn: Yes, me too!! Well, except for that, LOL!! ;)
ReplyDelete@Kayla: Thank you!!! ;) I thought it was fun too!
@Jamie: I love you!! xD And feel free to do that, I'd love to see what you come up with!! :D
@Anne: Ohhh Auntie Anne...same here....I don't like growing up. We may grow older but not up! :) (Jimmy Buffett quote) Maybe that will be another blog post someday....;) We still put on talent shows sometimes!! I'll have grandpa film it and send it to you someday!! Hehe!
@Ashley: I saw it, thank you SO MUCH!!! *hugs*
XD I love this post, and I am so honored to be part of it XD. I love that song too!
ReplyDeleteI should do a song soundtrack of my internet life. The Imperial March could play for every time I opened my email/PM inbox.
Amaranthine
i love owl city. i love vanilla twilight the best. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post sister, Love it. Its cool to see how music really does mean lots to us and that one song can take us back to years ago. Great songs and yay I love taylor swift hehe. anyway fantastic post can't wait to see more God bless
ReplyDeleteeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk!!! Taylor Swift is my role model!!! I love her songs... so much.
ReplyDeleteThat is a pretty epic MLP vid! XD hahaha. And I looooove Owl City <3
ReplyDeleteOh I love Sarasota!! We went there I guess a year ago... <3