This is something I seriously don't understand. Haters.
If you hate something so much, why do you watch it? Why keep up with it? If all it does is annoy you, bother you, upset you and you never are satisfied, why do you keep coming back to the topic? Is it all that important?
I've noticed in recent weeks/months/etc that haters keep popping up everywhere. People who will make you feel bad or feel angry about something that you LOVE and that you are passionate about. They are NEVER satisfied, and they are NEVER happy with just leaving a topic alone. Then they pretend like it's just an opinion and it's a free country.
Honestly, opinion went out the window when the bashing occurred. Here is my personal guide to the How To Avoid Being A Hater. Written by Fallon, the Nice Person.
1. If you don't like something, don't make it such a HUUUUUGEEEE Deal! Chances are, not many people care too much if you hate something with your heart and soul. Example. I HATE Lux and Ahsoka's "relationship" in TCW. I ranted and raved about it for one night, but just among my friends who shared similar opinion (this goes into step 2). I didn't however, carry this on for AGES, making a HUGE deal about how much I HATED it to EVERYONE around me.
2. If you KNOW that someone doesn't like something, DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT WITH THEM. Some of my best friends have very different opinions from me. That's cool, it's a free country. You are allowed your first amendment right (this leads into step 3). But if you know something bothers someone, DO NOT BUG THEM CONSTANTLY ABOUT IT. Example. My extremely good friend Tara hates Duchess Satine. I like Satine. So guess what? We don't talk about Satine with each other!!!! To avoid hurt feelings or bashed characters, we simply don't talk about it!!! IT IS THAT EASY. CLOSE YOUR KEYBOARD/MOUTH AND LEAVE THE SUBJECT ALONE!
3. Do NOT abuse your first amendment right. The first amendment states that you have the right to freedom of speech. Yes, that is true, but DO NOT ABUSE THAT RIGHT. Do not blabber on hurting others for no reason. This rule is simple, your opinion is free to be yours, but it is not meant to be law. It is not the only opinion in the world. DO NOT ACT LIKE IT.
4. Feel free to express your opinion, with OTHER PEOPLE IN MIND. This goes with the second step. If someone doesn't like something, DON'T BRING IT UP JUST TO MAKE THEM UPSET. This also goes for if someone likes something. If they like it, and you don't, just let it go!!! Don't make them feel bad by ruining something they LOVE.
Finally, step five.
5. WWJD? What would Jesus do? Was Jesus a hater? I don't think so. I 'm positive. Jesus was a lover. Be like Jesus, love thy neighbor, love thy enemy, give encouragement and support to those around you. Trivial little things that you hate probably don't matter all that much. It's not very important in the grand scheme of things.
One final thought..... don't let haters get you down! You can't fix them or stop them from hating. Hatah's Gon Hate!
Be yourself, love what you do, and don't be a hater. ;)




*claps slowly* Yes Fallon, you are SO RIGHT! :D
ReplyDeleteYou know how I feel about haters and their utter stupidity. Thanks for writing this post for all of the world to see! It almost makes me feel like I'm venting too. ;) BRAVO SIS!
Amen JC i totally agree. people definitly use the first admentment as a coverup to do what they want you have freedom of speech but not freedom to hurt your fellow humans. I mean we are all going to like and dislike several things in life and sure we want to rant and obsess over them but just remember you are talking to someone else who has different and real feellings and opinions its a matter of simple decency be kind and respectful of them i don't get haters either GREAT POST you are incredible really keep up the great blog love ya girly
ReplyDeleteThis post is AWESOME!! Your right Haters are gonna hate and guess what?? Potatos are gonna Potate!! We can't change haters!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so inspiring. I always love your posts, sister. I agree, and I think I can really learn from this. It makes no difference that haters hate, it only matters that we love it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for always respecting my feelings towards the Duchess. ;)
Love you,
Tara ♥
Great post! Haters are especially bad on YouTube. Anytime I say that Captain America, Iron Man, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings is better than The Dark Knight. I instantly get some negitive comments. And there is no reason for Luke haters. He only had three lines in which he whined at all!
ReplyDelete-James
I could not agree more.Always ask yourself what would Jesus do.I have given this advice to your cousin in the past.A great movie to watch or book to read is "The bridge to Terabithia" The ending is sad but there is a part in it with a girl who is mean and a bully.The kids who are being bullied decide to give it back to her.In the end they find out why she was being so mean.She had a bad family life and was taking it out on others.Not an excuse to be mean.But you can see why some people are the way they are.From the surroundings they have.It is really sad actually.
ReplyDeleteamen to that one sister. u tell them. any haters out there can kiss my country girl butt!!!!!!!!!! LOL. :)
ReplyDeleteGood post. Remember even Jesus had his haters (still does). Through his death (by haters and those that felt threatened by him), we have eternal life. He even calls out for God to forgive the haters for they know not what they were doing. This is a fallen world and there are going to be the "useful idiots/haters" among us. You can't change them, you can't interact with them, you can't even understand them. Their thought patterns are not of "goodness, truth, and beauty" but one of shame, self-loathing, and in my opinion evil. Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows........... let the haters go, they won't be where you are going. Move along, move along.
ReplyDeleteYou gave me some very good advice! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThere's a award waiting at my blog for you!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, girl! I love this! I have felt this way too and your post helped me see some of my thoughts in black and white. Great post!
ReplyDeleteVery good post; "haters gonna hate"! LOL Very good ground rules; you got everything exactly perfect! :D
ReplyDeleteI'll try to respond to your email soon! :D
Love, Jamie