September 11th, 2001.
Another normal day. Get up, go to work, sit at your desk, do your job.
....
Until, at 8:46 am, 5 people hijacked American Airlines Flight 11, crashing it into New York City's World Trade Center's North Tower.
More than 3,000 people died in the attacks on 9-11. America was shattered in a matter of minutes, left in shock of a terrorist attack that we will never forget.
I was four years old when 9-11 happened. I don't remember much, I believe I was in pre-school at the time, and I do remember my mom and dad and grandma being very upset. I never understood why. I was too young really.
I think around the time I was seven, my mother explained why everyone was so sad on September 11th.
This book, was what explained to me what happened. I could understand, because it was written by kids.
I remember being angry that someone would be so mean as to kill so many people, by blowing up a building. When you're seven, that doesn't exist. Evil is just something in storybooks, and movies.
But it is real. Very, very real.
I will never forget September 11th. I will never forget the people who were First Responders to the tragedy, the firefighters, police personnel and now the soldiers who sacrifice themselves to fight for our freedom.
These songs sum it up.....
So Tell Me Friends, Have You Forgotten?
Now. 9-11 happened. We will never forget. But that doesn't mean that only bad things came out of the disaster.
After 9-11....on 9-12, people, Americans, neighbors, friends, family, they all came out of the woodwork to help. Whether it was giving blood, money, clothes or helping hands, the american community came together to pull through the disaster of September 11th.
9-12 brought hope. Hope for the future of America, which was looking pretty dim at that time.
So stand up! Be PROUD that you're an American!!! America will bounce back, we can make it through anything with our Lives, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness.
Yes, September 11th is a very sad day, but do not forget the people of 9-12, the people who were TRUE Americans, and the people who love America for what it is today. :)
I went to an incredible 9-11 ceremony today, and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. ;) It was just so amazing. Five families who live in our town were direct victims of 9-11. They lost children, uncles, brothers, or other family members in the attacks.
One woman's speech caught my attention. She said this quote by Martian Luther King Jr.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
That really made me think. She is so right, Dr. King Jr. is right! What does Yoda say? Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering?
Light. Love. LOVE is the Key. We would be a world in darkness if it weren't for Love.
Perfect love. Jesus's Love.
So do not hate your enemies. Love is how we win. Love conquers evil. WE WIN. :)
God Bless America! And God Bless you!!! :)






Very Beautiful post, Jedi-Chick!
ReplyDeleteLove does conquer all.
~Jamie Joyce
Wise words, wise post. Jesus is the answer, Love. We must be aware there is an enemy that hates and wants us to feed our anger (can we say "sith"). The enemy also wants us to confuse us, manipulate us through all means possible. We must individually make a choice of knowing Truth. Good verses Evil. Those who act out of hate, destruction, fear, killing of innocence are evil. We must be aware of evil and how it can turn your soul. Jesus is Truth, Love, Peace, Goodness and Beauty. Jesus was not intimidated by those who hated (and still hate) him. He stood in Peace and Love, but he Stood. He did not cower and hide, nor did Martin Luther King Jr. You must take a stand against evil. Call on Love and Peace in your heart, it will give you strength beyond your understanding. We know how it ends, Love wins............. always does. The time to choose is now.
ReplyDeleteI Love You
Mommy
Lovely JC! *Wipes away tear*
ReplyDeleteAmazing post sister! You are so right; only love will ultimately win, and we will win...because God has already won, and we are the victorious.
ReplyDelete"No power of hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from His hands. Till He returns, or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I'll stand." - In Christ Alone, an old hymn.
Keep shining your bright light,
Love you <3