I LOVE this movie. It's probably my second favorite movie of all time now....bumping Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom to third favorite! O.O
Captain America was a movie I had been really psyched to see thanks to my lovely friends on both Blogger and The Lakehouse Forum. (and the real world too) ;) *cough Tara-Lareen-Jamie-Maryanna cough*
This movie more than exceeded my expectations. I knew it would be cool....I mean, it's a Marvel movie! ;D And I've heard the most incredible reviews....so I figured it would be great.
But this movie was amazing. It brought me to tears (hysterical tears to be exact) and I have watched it 8 times since first seeing it on the day after Christmas, and I still have not gotten the least bit bored with it. ;)
Here's a mini review, followed by my deeper thoughts.
Captain America:
Stars: 10/10
Liked: Um...EVERYTHING? The plot, the characters, the villains, the story, the script, the flow, the music, the setting, the weapons, the sidekicks, Steve Rogers?
Disliked: The death of a certain character. The ending. XD
Favorite Scene: After the procedure. Bucky Rescue. Ending. Stark/Shield scene. Steve and Peggy in car. Steve and Peggy in bar. Col. Phillips and Dr. Zola. The Epic Montage.
Favorite Song:
(I know all the words to this song.)
Overall Thoughts: There is so much I want to say about this movie!!!!!!! XD It was practically perfect in every way! It had amazing action, wonderful characters, interesting (and heartbreaking) plot lines, amazing soundtrack, perfect dialogue, and just.......AHHH SO PERFECT!!!!!!
I love the character of Steve Rogers. He is humble, he is valiant, he is brave, and he has a heart. In Steve's own words, he's just a kid from Brooklyn. He's no one special, he was not born a hero, he proved himself to be one.
I love Steve. So much. XD He's just so perfect!
![]() |
| And he draws! *swoons* |
Bucky Barnes, Steve's best friend, is also incredible. He goes from being Steve's protector and sticking up for him, to being his partner in his own battalion, the Howling Commandos. Bucky is really sweet, funny and loveable. <3 I wish I saw a LOT more of him in the movie!!!!!!! ;)
Peggy Carter....ahh. Peggy is the best female lead character role I have seen in a movie since Star Wars: A New Hope with Princess Leia. ;) She's strong, she's tough, she's EPIC! And she's got a British accent, what more could anyone want? She and Steve are PERFECT for each other. ;)
Red Skull. This is the baddest bad guy I have seen in a while! He's got a freaky back story, and such a controlling and scary character, it's intriguing! :D
The other characters were also amazing, such as Col. Phillips, Dr. Zola (lol) and a bunch of others!!! The Howling Commandos are AMAZING. I love them. XD
I recommend this movie to EVERYONE. There is only a slight warning for language....but other than that, it's an INCREDIBLE movie. The ending made me cry, both with joy and with terrible sorrow. XD I love this movie more than i can say....and I am waiting for my Steve Rogers to come and sweep me off my feet! ;)








I thought this looked like a good movie. Personally, I'm more of a Iron Man gal myself, but Capt is epic too. But the one thing I love in the trailer is when Peggy (that her name?) gives Steve the shield, but then shoots at him and says, "It works, then."
ReplyDeleteThat was epic :D
Great review! Captain America is awesome! :D The Captain America fan base is growing. :D
ReplyDelete-James
AHHHHHHH, I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO FREAKING MUCH!
ReplyDeleteIt totally stole second favorites on most of my lists as well; all right under Star Wars (except Steve actually knocked Luke and Han from my heroes list from second and third to third and fourth!)
Good review!!! This is the best movie that was released last year and I think it's the best Marvel film as well!
<3
~Jamie
GAH! EPICNESS! You are soo right! Steve is right under Luke on my hero list and Peggy's right under Leia on the Heroine list! This movie is almost perfect!
ReplyDeleteHeck yes! Cap for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Totally agree with everything you said!
ReplyDelete