Friday, January 27, 2012

From the Eyes of a Writer

As a growing writer, I tend to see things differently than the average person.  I don't always notice that I do, but yet, it happens.
I find myself thinking of a story for something as small as a little flower growing as a weed in a flower garden, to a random person in the mall eating a cheeseburger.  It's a little weird, and quite funny.
I have bizarre hobbies too, like people-watching (AKA stalking, lol), and character discussing.  It's fun!

I can't watch movies the same way anymore.  I look at the deeper plot more than the special effects and acting.  I look into the background of the movie and the depth of the different characters. I can think of new plots and storylines and feelings of the characters.

I love it.  It makes for a good writer, to be able to come up with things on a whim like that.  I am constantly getting ideas in my head. I am constantly needing to write stuff down. Just ask my mom, many times a day I'll stop what I'm doing and run into my room to write down a story idea.  Many of them aren't developed (at all) and some of them are just fanfic ideas, but I still write them down, just for the sake of getting the idea out of my head.

I dont' think there's ever been a time where I HAVEN'T been writing a story in my head. Seriously!  I remember even when I was a little kid (my earliest "story" memory is probably from when I was six...) I'd walk around the perimeter of the playground at my school (this was before I was homeschooled, obviously) and just think of story ideas in my head. Back then, I called it my "Imaginary Friends". Now, I call them my "Characters".  ;)  See the difference?  I believe that all good writers once had imaginary friends.  I know I still do.  Their names are Luke Skywalker...Princess Leia....Han Solo.....Mara Jade......Corran Horn....etc.  ;)

AND STEVE ROGERS. (okay, i'm done now xD)

Seriously though....I was the queen of angst before it was cool.  I was always writing, coming up with, and thinking up very depressing or angsty romances, stories and ideas.  I was pretty pathetic actually.  (this may end up leading into a post about my social awkwardness that has risen to become a problem as of late...we'll see.)


In short, what I'd like for you to take away from this post is this: If you are a writer, and you see things differently too, that's okay.  Embrace it.  It just might be your future.  Everything happens for a reason, and ultimately, God doesn't make any junk. ;)

Write on....

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have embraced your talent and gift. Don't I always tell you to keep a notebook handy to capture those random ideas. You have inspired me to start writing and not just poetry. Your daddy is an awsome writer and storyteller. I think you get it from him. However, I tend to look extremely deeply at the underlying meanings in life. Sorry, your're cursed, you get that from me. It's so much easier to be an airhead (of which you are not)
    Keep writing and listening to God's path for your life. The fun is in the journey. I love you
    Mommy (yeah I know you are getting to old for "Mommy")

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I would go around Disnew making up a story about two princesses (I would walk, she would ride her stroller). I was Morgan and I forgot who she was. But we would only tell those stories at Disney.

    One of the most important things that an actor does is people watch. xD My old teacher said he and his wife would go the big mall in our area (back when they lived here) and just sit and watch people.

    I really do love to write. I'm actually considering a major in journalism, among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post Fallon! I salute you, I guess all writers see things differently. I'm always looking for people who look like my characters. I swear I saw Marcelle yesterday XP

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Squeee* You just described me! :D Yay for writers!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very special talent.One I don't have but I do try.I think I write too much like I am speaking.Nothing special.But I think God gave me other talents.You are not too young to be an author.Follow your dream and your passion.
    Aunt Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. so happy ur starting to write. its a special gift that many aren't able to grab. consider urself one of the special ones who has the freedom to speak ones mind. does that make any sense? anywho, good luck. and lots of HUGS!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here, Fallon!

    I truly think I need to write the same way I need my heart to pump. Without it, I'd die.

    Some times, I've wondered if being a writer is a curse, or a blessing.
    My Mom doesn't understand the way I 'function' though I will give it to her, she tries her best.

    I can't watch movies the same way either!

    I'm one of the few people who love going to walmart, if only just to write stories for the people I see there. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post!! Now when I watch movies I randomly get ideas or even from just looking at something! LOL!! I'm kinda a stalker too!! LOL. :)
    P.S. LOVE your new design!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!