Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wicked!

Oh. My. Gosh.
WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in LOVE with Wicked the Musical.  :)  This post is dedicated to Qui, because she helped me greatly in getting into Wicked, and understanding it.  ;)

My friend Maryanna went to see Wicked in one of the performing arts centers a while ago, and after hearing how much my Lakehouse friends loved it, I wanted to go too, but by the time I found out it was coming it was too late.  :P  But Maryanna went and had a great time, and she put the soundtrack of the Wicked music on my iPod, because she said I'd LOVE it.  I did LOOOVE it!!!!!!!  :D 
I'm quite jealous of Maryanna because she got to meet the guy who played Fieryo.  :P  Grrrr Maryanna.  xD

Anyways, so about a week ago I listened to the soundtrack for the first official time before bed, and was surprised at how much I liked it.  I fell asleep listening to it, and woke up singing Defying Gravity.  :P  So begins my newest obsession.  XDD

The next morning, I emailed Qui and asked her to explain to me the plot of the musical, because I was very curious.  I already tried looking it up on Wikipedia, but that only made me all the more confused.  :P
So Qui very kindly explained the plot in simple terms, so I could understand it.  :)  Now all the songs make sense!!  :D  I forwarded that email to my cousin Chibi*Chick, and she bought the album of Wicked songs on iTunes, and now she LOVES Wicked just as much as I do!!!!!! 

We've decided that I am Glinda and she is Elphaba.  :P  We are going to sing a duet for Defying Gravity and What is this Feeling.  It's awesome.  And fun!!!!  We're going to put on a show for when our family visits this summer.  It'll be really fun!!!!

Anyway....here are a few pictures and videos.  :)
























I found these various places....most from GoogleImages.  :P  Enjoy!

Look:






There ya go!!!!  :D  That was my Wicked Post.  My favorite character is Elphaba.....extremely closely followed by Glinda.  ;)  Favorite song is....What is this Feeling, followed by Popular and Defying Gravity.....and No Good Deed and No One Mourns the Wicked.....

Thanks everyone for commenting and reading, even though I've been gone for a while. ;)  Oh, and do y'all like my new design?  I made it last night!!!!  :D  I like it...I think it's pretty.  I also made a new blog button, if you all want to use it that'd be great!!  :D

Love,

6 comments:

  1. Wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Annaleigh Ashford is the BEST G(a)lidna though. :3
    and I love your new design! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard "Wicked" the musical is good... I know there's a book, too. I haven't read it, but I bet it would be good! Now I'm curious... I'll have to check out the soundtrack on iTunes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still confused about what Wicked is about. At least I now know that it's a play, and not a movie. Right?

    I love your new blog design!! It looks GREAT!!

    -Barriss :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best friend went to see Wicked last year and she LOVED it! I love all the songs from it, especially Popular!!
    And OMG I LOVE your new blog design!! :D It's kinda like we flip-flopped themes! I made a beach theme then you made a flowery theme!! :D It looks AMAZING!! :D
    -Rachel (Queen Karina)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thumbnail #4 makes my life. All those songs are too awesome for words-- my personal faves are The Wizard and I, Defying Gravity, For Good, and No One Mourns the Wicked. Great post and thanks for the songs!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE WICKED!!!!! I hope you get to see it soon, its the best musical ever!!! I love Kristen Chenoweth as Galinda, she does an amazing job. She's the one who plays Galinda on the soundtrack, I'm a huge fan of hers.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!