Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog's Day!!!

Hello!  Happy Groundhog's Day!!! 

I started celebrating this wacky holiday when my family started homeschooling.  We did a lapbook on Groundhogs and learned all about the traditions of February 2nd.  It was fun!!!
Puxatuany Phil said that this year we will have an early spring!!!!!  He didn't see his shadow, so congratulations Northerners!!  Winters ending!!! ;D

Awwww, isn't he cute?!?

Apparently today was Puxatauny Phil's 125th Birthday.  Something tells me that this cute little Groundhog isn't the FIRST Puxatauny Phil......

Well, Everyone have a great Groundhogs day!!!!

Jedi~Chick <3

P.S. We got gifts for Groundhogs day!!!  I got a TCW Anakin Action Figure.  I was /really/ excited!  I still am!!!!  :D

7 comments:

  1. Okay, okay, my family needs to start getting gifts for Groundhog's Day! ;)
    Oh well. I'll get gifts in 12 days for Valentine's Day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got PRESENTS for Groundhog day? An ANAKIN action figure?

    *crosses arms*

    No fair! ;P LOL I have that same action figure. It's one of the best I own! =)

    -Leia <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do lapbooks all the time!!! I kinda miss them actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Groundhog's Day!!!

    YAY!! An early spring? Us Northerners need that desperately. We're going to get 10-15 inches of snow today, and more Saturday. I think I heard Texas got snow too.

    Aw!! That groudhog is really cute!!!

    -Barriss :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Endor, LOL I get gifts for Valentines too!!! :D
    Leia, Yup!!! I LOVE HIM! He is definitely in my top 4 favorite figures!!!!
    (Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi-Wan and Shaak Ti from TCW!!)
    Andromeda/Qui, I love them!!! I really like making Lapbooks, in fact I just did one for Volcanoes a week ago! ;)
    Barriss, I know isn't he cute?!? Yeah, my family up north is snowed in. 20 inches of snow where they are!! I'm praying that all you northerners will be safe!!! I'm good here in the south! LOL!

    Jedi~Chick <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You failed to mention how we have made it an annual event dragging your you know what out of bed - so you are semi-awake in time to witness Phil make his appearance. It's a great day to be a GROUND-HOG - but you sadly didn't mention the delicious breakfast you received after the little guy made his debute. Maybe next year I'll make Jedi-Waffles and they'll get an honorable mention on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uummmmmm, yeah......I was tired. I stayed up late reading fan......never mind.

    That's right! You did make excellent pancakes....but if you make Jedi-Waffles, you're sure to get a full post, I promise! ;)

    Jedi~Chick <3

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean, and mean what you say, but do not say it mean!!!
Thanks for commenting!!!!