God is good. That is a fact. I have several examples that have made me exteremely happy the past few days. Also, God loves to prove people wrong. Especially me. ;)
My first example happened today. About three hours ago, at the local library.
Now I was complaining to my mom to take us home, saying that I hated the library. Truth was, there's nothing wrong with the libray itself, but the kids from next doors public school who came into the library and were being obnoxious and making me feel uncomfortable. They were all staring at me like I was some strange freak or something because I wasn't wearing a school uniform and I was carrying a bunch of little kid books for my sister. After annoying my mom into the checkout, they left me to finish with the books while they went and looked at the Used Book Sale.
I walked over to the bookstore inside the library, and my sister was all excited. She called my name and said, "Look!!!!! Star Wars!!!!!!!!!!!" Sitting directly in front of her was a pile of Star Wars books. The pile was at least twenty books high, and the books all looked brand new.
I almost passed out. I wanted to scream. The books were only 25 cents each!!!!! I was only able to murmur "Oh My God." But I wasn't using His name in vain, I was in shock and this was a miracle. The lady had just unpacked these books, and I was the first to even look at them! I came home with 15 books. I only paid $3.75 for them. :D
I am still floating on air. I'll make a list of the books I got.
Han Solo Trilogy-All three books
Black Fleet Crisis-All three books
I, Jedi
Children of the Jedi
Specter of the Past (I have Visions of the Future)
The 3rd book of the Correlian Trilogy
Darksaber
The first and last books of the Jedi Academy Trilogy (I have the second one)
Planet of Twilight
and The Crystal Star
I'm so excited to read them!!!!!! Also, my mom found an old Legacy of the Jedi book called Bloodlines. I didn't even know she had it!!!! :D
My second little miracle was a real blessing. My uncle who lives up north sent me a package last week. Under my address it said "May the Force Be With You". I was really excited when I found what was inside.
It's a wooden plaque that my uncle made. He actually made that!! It says, "Discover a place where wisdom resides within the mist." I love it. Thanks Uncle Tom!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Other miracles include....
My trip to Celebration V.
I listened to a radio station that was broadcasting live from CV. I could literally drive there in a day if I wanted (and if I could...). I so wanted to go. I even wrote that night in my journal.....(I'm actually going to give y'all an insight to my journal....this is big.)
"I'm here in my room, on my brand new bed sheets, watching The Clone Wars with Nutmeg. (My sister is Nutmeg) I wish I was at Celebration V. It's so close. I'm happy and thankful for all I have....but I wish I were in Orlando."
The next morning I was in for the surprise of my life. My mom shook me awake early that morning. Like, really early. I was half awake and I murmured, "What?" She was trying not to smile. She asked me if I would mind not going with my dad and sister and cousin that afternoon to go and pick out our new chicks. I said that I wasn't sure, and asked why. She was smiling now. She said, "Because I'm going to take you to Orlando to the convention"
I was wide awake now. In fact, I sat bolt upright and was shocked. The first thing I said was "You're lying to me." then my mom walked away and came back into my room with confromation papers for two tickets to Celebration V Saturday. I screamed. I jumped for joy. I praised God. My mom said, "You better get ready, we're leaving in a few hours." I screamed more and ran to eat breakfast. I flipped out. Two hours later, I was packed and ready for Orlando. I called my dad. I called my grandma. I called my best friend. I was so excited. Now that I think about it....at the time, HU was just a blog. Nothing more but crazy fangirls posting comments. So technically I couldn't even tell you guys, because I didn't know you!!! ;)
Soon, I was in the car, driving to Orlando. We stopped at a gas station so that I could get snacks, my mom could refuel the mini van, and I could say goodbye to my dad who stopped there on the way to a meeting. Then we were off. I talked to my friend on the phone for a while we drove, and then I talked to my mom.
Soon, we were in Orlando. The next night was heaven on earth. I stayed in a nice hotel with my mom. We went to DownTown Disney together and had dinner at Planet Hollywood and then went back to our hotel after shopping for a bit.
The next day was the best day of my life. I was so happy. I was beyond happy. I was overjoyed.
We waited in line to enter the convention center for a few hours. Before that though, we took a shuttle bus (oooh, shuttle bus.....reminds me of an Owl City Song!!!!) Anyway....we took a bus and in the bus we saw a guy who used to work at my old Private School. It was so funny!!!! My mom and I talked to him for a while and then made our way into the convention center.
Once I stepped inside, I thought I was going to pass out. Either that or I was going to pinch myself and wake up. It was Star Wars Paradise. I was never so happy in my life. So many costumes, displays, action figures, and so much more!!!!! I was so happy! I spent the whole day there. It was huge! :)
I could go on for hours about my experience at CV, but I'm just going to say that God is good, and I have the best mom in the whole world. :D It was so awesome!!!
I've had other small miracles, like finding things that have been lost, and discovering new things that you fall in love with. I just have to say that God is an awesome God. Without Him, we wouldn't have miracles in our lives to make us filled with joy. I thank the Lord each day for these things, because when I look back and remember them, I remember how blessed I am even when I feel upset or angry about something.
This song is so inspiring...most of Celtic Women's music is!!! :D
It's so beautiful!!!! I love them!!! :D
Thank you everyone for reading and commenting....you all make me feel so good!! ;)
Lots of Love,
Jedi~Chick <3
Now that's a long post! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky you found all of those books for so little! Now if I could only find a bargen for NJO books.......
Sounds like you had a great time at CV!! It's truly amazing. =)
Yeah, it was just a blog during CV, I think. You know, we must have actually been pretty crazy then. What posessed us to talk back and forth on a blog in the first place? ;P I bet Ashley thought we were crazy! LOL ;)
My mom's been wanting to see Celtic Women in concert, I think. Or maybe she just said she liked how they were. IDK.
You're right! God is good. But it's always easy to be thankful and praise Him when things are good. The true test is when you're going through something hard, and you can /still/ praise Him and be thankful for His blessings.
-Leia <3
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLeia, I know! I'm so excited!!! I think I'm going to start The Crystal Star today! ;)
ReplyDeleteCV was incredible. I think that that day was THE best day of my whole life! :) And IDK, we found stuff in common and then just started talking about it!!! ;) I'm glad we did though! :D
Exactly. That's why if I'm having problems or things aren't going all that great, I can look back and remember how blessed I am!!! ;)
Amaranthine: LOL!!!! ;)
Jedi~Chick <3
You're so luckyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
ReplyDeleteI want to go to a star wars convention of SOME sort SOMETIME in my life. As soon as I get my liscence I'm going. I don't care if its by myself. xD
I already have a list of characters I'm going to dress up as.
~Qui-Gon complete with sharpie beard
~Padme Arena outfit
~Padme lake dress (maybe)
~Classic leia outfit
~Leia hoth snowsuit (if its winter.)
LOL! Sharpie Beard!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally going to dress up in all my favorite Padmé and Leia dresses. My grandma is making the Celebration dress from the end of TPM for me before the release of the movie in 3D next year. I can't wait!!!!!!!!
I love miracles! I'll have to post about my favorite one sometime..........
And, did you actually eat breakfast that morning, Jedi~Chick?
Qui: OMGoodness that is so funny!! A sharpie beard? ;) Someday I'm going to make a Hoth Leia outfit..... ;)
ReplyDeleteEndor: Oooh! That's so awesome!!! I'll wear my Jedi outfit! :D My mom made it. She even dyed the fabric! And yes, I had breakfast....if you're talking about CV. We ate at the breakfast buffet at the Hotel. We also ate at Jabba's Food Court in the Convention Center! ;D
Jedi~Chick <3