She reached down with one hand and gently touched his cheek. With tear filled eyes she propped up his head on her lap, holding his hand all the while. Incredibly weak and unable to talk, he gave her a reassuring look with his eyes. She returned the look and held him gently. Kissing him over and over, she allowed herself to cry for the first time in years. As she looked into the eyes of her beloved, she knew that there had to be something she could do. Surveying his wounds, she realized that the damage was pretty bad. Anyone else would’ve looked at the situation logically and said, “It’s the end, he’s going to die,” but she wasn’t just anyone. She closed her eyes and sent up a prayer, and then carefully began to clean his wounds. “Please, please, baby just stay with me,” she murmured to him as she tried to stop his bleeding. “You can’t leave me. I love you too much.” Glancing around the dense forest that they were sitting in, she stood up, and left the small clearing to find some healing herbs, like the ones she learned about in her classes. Returning with a small handful of leaves, her heart thudded in her chest as she saw his eyes were closed, and his chest was unmoving. As she neared closer, she was able to see that he was still breathing, but his breaths were incredibly shallow. Crushing the herbs with a small stone and carefully rubbing them into his wounds, she watched as the swelling lessened. She knelt beside him and prayed that he would be alright. After all they’d been through, he couldn’t leave her. Not now….not ever. Still crying, she tenderly and lovingly kissed him on his lips.
Several hours later, she awoke with a start. Was it all just a dream? She looked to her left and upon seeing his battered but still breathing body, memories flooded back to her. The war, the battles, the armies, the death toll, and she remembered watching him fall besides her, dying. She remembered leaping from her horse in the midst of the battle, rushing to his aid, she remembered hearing the others telling her to move on, and keep going, or she’d get killed too. She remembered finding him alive, and carrying his body to her horse and taking him with her for almost a mile, before the enemy caught up with them. With the armies retreating, she could do nothing but follow. Worried and near hysterical with fear, she felt the horse being shot out from underneath her, and felt him stir at her side. The horse dead, she dragged his maimed body to the edge of the clearing, and met the enemy who had followed her….
“So, the weak one shows her pathetic face once again.” She shook her head, and grimaced with disgust. The evil man in front of her was ready to kill her. She knew it. She held her sword at the ready, prepared to fight and die while battling this….monster. Too many of her friends were killed by his ruthlessness. Her own parents were murdered by him. She wasn’t going to be next. Her back to her injured boyfriend, she prepared to face the deadly man before her. Her blue eyes flashed as she felt the thrill of the battle run through her veins. “ARGHHHH!!!!!” the monster yelled, leaping toward her. She blocked his every blow with her sword and fought fiercely. The man shouted threats, “I’ll kill you!! I’ll decapitate you! I’ll hit you so hard you won’t know what happened!” When he saw him behind her, her darling boyfriend who nearly was dying, he forced himself toward him. Then breaking from the battle, the man/monster stood behind her boyfriend, pulling out his silver dagger and holding it to the injured and unconscious boy’s throat. “NO!” she gasped, her eyes filling with tears. “Now young lady, lay down that weapon of yours, and you just let me take you with me, and I won’t hurt you’re little friend here.” His heavily accented voice made her cringe with displeasure. Unable to speak for fear of her tears escaping her, she carefully knelt down, placing her sword in front of her. Cautiously eyeing her enemy, she watched as he smiled and evil smile, his yellow teeth glaring in his mouth. “Good,” he said, “You will make an excellent prisoner of war….taking direction so well.” Then he grinned again, and with a glare of evil toward her, he began to remove his dagger…..and immediately she understood what he was about to do. An old trick of war….he was going to still slit his throat. She glanced down at her sword, and just as the older man redrew his dagger and prepared to slice it across her boyfriend’s throat; she kicked her sword up and across the clearing, hitting the man squarely in the gut. With a grunt and a gasp, he fell forward, still managing to plunge his dagger into her boyfriend’s side before falling forward to his death. “Nooo!!!!!” She shrieked, immediately running to his side. Pulling out the dagger, she carefully removed his armor and shirt to assess his wound better. The damage was terrible, and it was not going to heal on its own. She then began to cry, for the first time in years. She cried, cried at the thought of losing the one person who didn’t care who she was, where she came from, or what she had done, but the person who saw her for her, and loved her as much as she loved him. “No,” she whimpered, feeling his breathing slowing. “Jacob, please, stay with me. I need you….I love…I love you.” Jacob’s eyes fluttered open slightly, and he instantly clutched his side and groaned in pain. She tried to calm him down. “No, no, stop, you have to stay calm.” She told him, forcing him to release his grip on his side. She gasped as she looked down at his blood drenched hand. Tears dripped down her cheeks as she looked at Jacob’s face. She loved him so much. If only he could make it long enough to get him back to the Kingdom….. Jacob’s eyes fluttered again, and it was apparent he was losing consciousness. “Fallon, I….I’m…so....sorry….I love….you” he breathed before passing out. Burying her face on his chest, she let the sobs escape her lips, and prayed to the Lord that he would survive. She couldn’t go on without him. There was no way.
Ok, that was Chapter 1. If you want I'll post more next friday or possibly sooner depending on how much y'all like it. ;) That last part was a flash back, so the next chapter starts off back in the present. The whole thing is pretty darn mushy gushy. :P
Thanks and hope you liked it!!!!
Love,
Jedi~Chick <3
*blows nose* :sniff: I actually almost started crying, Jedi~Chick. *sniff* Post part two soon! I have to know if Jacob survives! ;P
ReplyDelete-Leia <3
It's so sad, but I love it! Very beautifully written! It was definitely worth the wait! I'm very excited for the next part, I hope Jacob will be ok!
ReplyDelete*squees*
ReplyDeleteYay!! Thanks Rachel and Leia for commenting! :) i'm glad you like it and are eager for more!
Rachel: Thank you! I'll post it soon. ;)
Leia: *blows nose too* after I first wrote it I went back and read it and almost cried! :P I guess that means it's good?? ;) LOL!
Hmmm, to find out what happens to Jacob you're just gonna have to wait and find out, now aren't you? ;)
Love,
Jedi~Chick <3
Oh my goodness! It's amazing!!! It made me cry. It was so well-written! I hope he lives, I'm going to start bawling if he doesn't. Please post more soon!
ReplyDeleteWow - what a riveting story, so much passion, drama, excitement, - very intense. Not sure where all those creative juices came from but I hope you'll continue. It felt like you were transformed to another place/time - you have a "gift" please keep using it. I liked the twists and turns in story-line. Keep up the good work you amaze us daily :)
ReplyDeleteFinally here to read it!! I somehow missed it in the flood of posts.
ReplyDeleteSo, I'm a bit confused of a couple things. Is it set in another world? Is it set in America during the revolutionary war (i crossed this one out when she said kingdom.) Or in Europe during medieval times? I'd just like to find that out. xD Because if this isn't modern times, she's not going to be saying "Boyfriend." and there would't be so many contractions.
I found that occasionally, it was quite stilted, but that was because of too many contractions and modern words like boyfriend. Or too many "ands." I'd say go through it again with a watchful eye and try to make it more flowing. Parts were very nice and smooth, then all of a sudden the were abruptly 'unsmoothed' by sentances like, "The evil man in front of her..." That sounds quite juvenile actually. If you want to highlight the fact that he's evil, try describing him more. "The man crouched was in front of her like a vicious, merciless, and blood thirsty wolf." something like that. Get what I'm saying?
So, enough with negatives. *sniff* It was really emotional and made me sad. You've got a very passionettely written piece here, and you definitely should keep that up. even in the happy parts of the story. Passion in writers is so so so important. If a passionless person decided to write, it would be very very very boring. xD
Anyway, nice job! Keep posting the chapters please, i wanna read them!
OH MY GOSH. Qui, thank you SOOOO much!!!!! :D No, you weren't that negative, you gave me feedback and I need that. ;) Thank you. :D Some of the parts where it was still choppy were where A. I had writers block, B. I couldn't think of anything better, or C. It's not complete, I'm going to change it later. Like the "evil man" part. :P
ReplyDeleteSetting, I don't really know. I sorta wanted it to be medieval*ish* but then again, like you said, she wouldn't think/say Boyfriend. I couldn't think up another word though....because they aren't married and are still best friends, so....I couldn't think of anything else. :P
I'll work on making it more flowy. ;) Thanks for your advice!!! :D
Awww! Thanks! That is so sweet! I tried to keep with the passion in this first part, in the rest of the story. I'm at a block right now, and I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to go next. I'm going to take your advice and use it on the rest of the text, because it's SO helpful!!! You are a much more experienced writer than I am, so thank you. ;)
Jedi~Chick <3
Loved it!!!!
ReplyDelete